The "PEDALS YOU'VE BOUGHT BUT BARELY USE" Thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "PEDALS YOU'VE BOUGHT BUT BARELY USE" Thread

I'll start off -

These are pedals I don't necessarily want to part with, after all, they don't take up much space in my world, but they usually sit idle.

In order of most neglect:

1) Boss Flanger - too wild for me, the occasional flanging I may want I can get from my AD60VTX or my ToneLab

2) DOD Grunge - To me it's good for a few laughs and then box it back up. Now made by DigiTech

3) Boss Metal Zone - This one I actually need to play with some more since it's been a while, but it seemed a bit over the top and didn't sound particularly organic to my ears. I'd use it more if there was such a thing as backing off the gain on this thing so I could just use it as a EQ boost, but no go on this extreme machine.
    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

for me its a boss ds-1 has a rediculously low output through my amp you can barely hear the guitar

Comment

Behringer Ultra Octaver, liked the dirty sound in the store, never used it since rofl
      There's always away to forget.

Comment

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
        Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Marshall Jackhammer Distortion-Need to play with it more, wasn't too impressed with it the 1st time around. Still in box.

Behringer Ultra Flanger- Sounds good, just don't use flanging much.

Dunlop Wah- I break it out once in a while, but I get all of my funky wah sounds from a DOD Envelope Filter these days.
          Mandatory Gear List:
          Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
          /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
          /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
          Band Site:
          http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

Voodoo Labs Chorus pedal (gets only occasional use)
            Radial Tonebone Hot British Distortion (I don't really find myself reaching for it too much).
            Ibanez TS808 Reissue.

I'm not really a pedal guy. My only other pedal that I gets regular use is my Digidelay.
            Good deals with: vangkm, verence, whiteyanderson, DCinDC, Spitfire Mojo, Ashtray, Tweedledee, Atrox, Twisty561, Thinkarogadum, archenemy5150, Flailer, Polk Salad, drummerdarko, T6TexanII

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

I've been to the country. What country needs is meth head songs. That's something the country kids can all relate to.

Comment

Dunlop Wah- I break it out once in a while, but I get all of my funky wah sounds from a DOD Envelope Filter these days.

Same here. I never use it. If I want wah sounds I use the ones built into the modeler I'm using.
              ___

Comment

is that a tube screamer

Comment

My Gig FX Chopper. Its a stereo pan/tremolo effect. Very cool but not something you want to overuse.
                  -------- (Guitars) 94 Gibson LP Classic Premium Plus, 06 Gibson Memphis ES 335, 03 PRS Singlecut Trem, 00 Ibanez UV777BK, 89 Fender Strat Plus, 16 Gibson LP Standard, 17 Fender American Tele Pro -------- (Amps) Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII - Boogie 2x12 Cab, Hughes & Kettner Duotone Combo, Boogie Mark I Reissue ------ (EFX) EB active VPjr, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, EH Soul Food, Boss BF3, POG 2, TC Electronic Helix Phaser, Eventide H9, Pigtronix Echolution 2 Ultra Pro-------

Comment

Comment

Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay pedal -- weird psychedelic Flanger/Chorus/ Delay hybrid -- great for sci-fi effects and space rock.
                      I need to use it more.
                      Originally Posted by Son of HuHefner

Bush squandered $9 billion a month in Iraq just for lolz.

Originally Posted by Gallus

I have been told that I am the epitome of charm.

Comment

Actually, me too

I hesitated to put it in my original list because I really like them, but I rarely ever pull it out and hook it up. I also have a DOD Envelope Filter which I play with from time to time. But despite my little use with the Dunlop Wah, I would still buy one again.

Comment

Rocktron Tri-Wah.

Comment

Sans Amp GT2

Hissy, kills the highs and sucks out the mids a bit, the distortion is buzzy and doesn't blossom open like a real amp, anything but off-axis sounds harsh.
                            Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X