Lace Sensor Golds vs. Fender vintage noiseless

riffaholic

• Members

The golds have a bit more clarity, they can do a pretty good "signature" strat sound.

Th vintage pups have a better strat tone about them, but both lack some of the grit that makes stock pups what they are.

Lace sensors have a modern kind of tonality, not as inclined to be "groovy".

The vintage pups are a little groovier but the high end doesn't have the slap of regular pups.

Hope that helps. That's comparing them to a bunch of other mid grade start pups (mostly ceramics).

• Members

I've had a Strat Plus with Lace golds for over ten years now. They sound fine, do the out-of-phase "quack" thing ok, and are real Fendery (is that a word?).

The downside to the Lace golds is they're just too thin. I didn't realize how wimpy this guitar is until I got another Les Paul last year. The Strat sounds like a banjo compared to the LP. I know the humbucks have more output but it's more than that. No matter how much gain I throw at it it still is just not a real full instrument. The reason I keep it is the clean sounds (especially the neck pup).

I've heard the red Lace sensors have a little more oomph to them.

I have strats with both in them. My Deluxe Player has the Vintage noiseless and I have an MIJ from 91 with the Gold Lace Sensors. They both sound awesome.

I mostly agree with Mighty Coogna. He's got a pretty fair assessment of them. I find that the Vintage actually have a touch more punch but the Gold Lace Sensors have a slightly deeper bottom end which makes up for that. I don't find either thin. They are both very stratty with the nod going to the Vintage on the classic strat sound.

They do not sound like LPs which are just a very different sound to me. There's something glassy and pristine to the clean strat tone. Whereas the LP sound is also nice but I classify it as syroupy. A sweet syroupy tone. (If that makes sense!)

Both are terrific and also handle hi gain really great!!

Just for fun, I also did a clip comparing my Tradition S20 (LP copy) to my Hamer SATF (SD59 neck / SDJB bridge) These guitars have some of that syroupy HB quality I like. They compare differently to each other as the Tradition is a thicker guitar and the buckers in the Hamer are designed for better HB articulation.

Same amp settings as the Strats before

Neck to bridge, all 3 positions.

streaming putfile

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Originally posted by Frets99

Here's a comp clip of both sets of pups. It's a clean setting. Everything the same for both.

First Vintage Noiseless then Gold Lace Sensors. Both through 5 positions from neck to bridge.

streaming putfile

Frets dear chap, could you tell me where the VNs end and the Laces kick in?

ta muchly:thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Here's a comp clip of both sets of pups. It's a clean setting. Everything the same for both.

First Vintage Noiseless then Gold Lace Sensors. Both through 5 positions from neck to bridge.

hey i realize i may be a bit behind on this thread, but i've been looking to buy some LS Gold's. is there any chance you can make that clip available again? i would very much like to hear those gold's in action. the link won't take me to it. i'd appreciate it

Archived