Epiphone Dot versus Dot Deluxe: Differences?

Blues_N_Rock

• Members

What are the differences between an Epiphone Dot versus a Dot Deluxe? From what I gather, is the difference only the gold plated hardware? Also, are the pickups the same on both models? The description for the Deluxe states a "'57 classic alnico humbuckers" and the Dot simply states "dual humbuckers." Thanks

• Members

I think the differences are purely cosmetic. The deluxe has a flamed top and gold hardware; I think that's it.

That is what I suspected although the flametop and vintage sunburst look a bit similar to me. But the Deluxe does go a bit further in describing there PU whereas the Dot simply states HBs.

• Members

the neck on the deluxe is definetely chunkier.... and the quality on the deluxe is more suspect in my opinion. bleeding paint around the f-holes and some portions not even painted.... I ordered one and returned it. I suggest getting a regular DOT

• Members

the neck on the deluxe is definetely chunkier.... and the quality on the deluxe is more suspect in my opinion. bleeding paint around the f-holes and some portions not even painted.... I ordered one and returned it. I suggest getting a regular DOT

I don't know about the neck since I've never played a regular Dot. However, the quality on mine is top-notch, with none of the issues you mention.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

And the interesting I just bought mine Guitar Center with a hard shell case for 400 the first thing I did was wework Electronics installed new volume tone pots and Orange caps and I also installed Seymour Duncan Seth lovers neck and Bridge setup sounds wonderful you should hear it unbelievable

Archived