Epiphone EA-250 on Ebay....High Bidding?

dguitars

• Members

Ive got both the EA250 guitar and the matching EA260 bass, both are jems and worth every penny. Its good to see some people atcualy recognise them for what they are, sweet sounding and once set up, incredible playing guitars. The main problem and bad rep these originaly had was aweful high action due to impropper neck set. They desperatly need a shim and a new lower bridge. Ive since had mine "fixed" with a neck shim and as mentioned, better bridge. Ive also dumped the tremolo in favor of a trapeze tailpeice. Its now on par with any vintage Gibson in both sound and playablity. If you can get an EA250 for the right price, do some simple mods and youll be amazed.

• Members

I've never seen one get up that high....

On a side note, I found this really cool looking vintage Epi while looking for more of those EA's. Never seen anything like it...really wouldn't mind having one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1968-Gibson-Epiphone-Al-Caiola-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ320216049073QQihZ011QQcategoryZ118991QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 6 years later...
  • Members

rob dobbs,

my neck set up on the ea that i have sucks as well. can you tell me a little about how much shim you put in and to what bridge you changed to? id like to get some info before try to fix mine..

thanks

Jon

sorry for resurrecting old threads but......

Archived