Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic Discussions

It has come to our attention that most off topic posts in EG are being moved to Guitar Jam. As I am sure you are all aware, this causes some confusion. I, personally, have been involved in a discussion here and ended up Guitar Jam with no recollection of how I got there. It's like that time I tried Peyote and ended up in Ensenada but that's a story for another day.

On the flip side, regular forumites who keep to Guitar Jam become confused when a member that posted exclusively in EG, suddenly says "Goodbye" to Guitar Jam.

Therefore, from now on, all off topic posts should have a picture of a guitar in them.

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Soon they will move the on topic posts from GJ over here - all five that occur each day...

Nice Ric BTW - I needs me a twelve string....
    Dave

Comment

It's like that time I tried Peyote and ended up in Ensenada but that's a story for another day

I want to hear the story... OT or not! Geeze, I really hope it's a real story and not some obscure movie quotation that I'm missing...
      - Gibson ES-335
      - Gibson Hummingbird
      - Fender Strat MIM
      - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
      - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

I want that guitar. Now.
        Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
        -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Shouldnt have this be moved to open jam by now?

Comment

Man that's a sweet guitar (keeping the thread in EG for a bit longer )
            Originally Posted by Frets99
            I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
            HCGB #251
            Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
            Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
            Some Pedals

Comment

The folks on the "Dark Side" (that is, the Bass Forum) have a much better system: EVERYTHING goes into one bucket.

Makes life much easier. I vote for 1 bucket.
              Gear & Stuff

Captain in the SG Army, 101st Airborne Division
              Honorary Mention on bassesofalessergod's "a list of jerks", 4/17/07
              Proud owner of The Legendary Orange IKEA Gorm Pedalboard

Comment

2 forums. 1 bucket.
                Originally Posted by The Master

Gun in one hand, wheel in other, cigar in mouth, one-liners ready.

Originally Posted by -todgemistro-

baron85 wins the thread

Originally Posted by mattburnside

The internet is a great big place. I'm sure there's a forum out there full of people who shoot straight and don't give a damn what you think, but who somehow feel free to get a massive case of butt-hurt if you dare to disagree with them.

Actually, it's probably a bunch of little forums. With one dude each.

My Music:
                Myspace
                Soundclick

Comment

Shouldnt have this be moved to open jam by now?

no... there's a pic of a ric... see?

Good idea BTW. I hate it when threads I'm posting in get moved. I don't know those OJ guys. don't wanna know 'em
                  Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Comment

Another thing the Bass Forum has going for it: there's only 1 sticky!

Just try to imagine that...(and it has to do with derogatory terms)...

Sometimes, perfectld good threads get deleted or moved around over here just to make room for one more noisy sticky...
                    Gear & Stuff

Captain in the SG Army, 101st Airborne Division
                    Honorary Mention on bassesofalessergod's "a list of jerks", 4/17/07
                    Proud owner of The Legendary Orange IKEA Gorm Pedalboard

Comment

Nice guitar! Go off-topic all you want.

Has anyone hung out in the amp forum? Talk about off-topic... Geez! More threads having to do with which year had the best SI swimsuit models, last Tuesday's Democratic debate, and who's the best NASCAR driver than anything to do with amps. Of course, how much can you really say about amps that you can't say here?
                      Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

Another thing the Bass Forum has going for it: there's only 1 sticky!

Just try to imagine that...(and it has to do with derogatory terms)...

What, do they teach us new ones?

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                        is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                        go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                        I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                        A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

I'll post some guitars I haven't posted before. Will that make everything I say relevant?

Comment

I got a thread moved simply because of the name/genre of a band.

I was discussing the obvious Iron Maiden guitar influences in the music of Impaled Nazarene. Music related, right? And HC is NOT specifically a Christian forum.

The mods here are arbitrary at best, and often quite biased for/against certain people/subjects.

So, for the most part - they can bite my ass.
                            My Original Music:
                            Goetic Circle
                            Ashes of the Magician
                            UNDEAD PRIEST
                            In the Name of Majestic Hellfire

Comment

Working...
                            X