my 1963 les paul custom sg

leftyjay

• Members
just aquired this beauty over the weekend. its as clean as it gets for a 45 year old guitar. case looks like new and the original thin strap has never been used. all case candy and hangs tags are in case.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Pics are not showing on my computer.

• Members

So did I ...

And now the pics are quite happily and dutifully appearing on the page.

Weirrrrrrrrrrrd.

EDIT: And they were still there when I just returned. Maybe my browser (Safari running on a Mac) needed to be 'told' where to find 'em.

Gorgeous guitar, by the way. I very rarely suffer from Gibson GAS, but in this case I'm making an exception. I am psychotically and insanely jealous.

• Members

just aquired this beauty over the weekend. its as clean as it gets for a 45 year old guitar. case looks like new and the original thin strap has never been used. all case candy and hangs tags are in case.

Sweet !!! Nice new old guitar - congrats, there !!!

• Members

i dont know why the pics dont show up until you copy paste the url. then they show up fine. weird is right.

i wont be playing it. i dont want to degrade this beauty just because i'm a lefty. it will sit in its case where it feels safe and warm

• Members

If you aren't going to be playing it why did you buy it?

i have 18 gigging guitars. a bunch of those are $2-3k. those are my playing guitars.

this guitar is a piece of history and playing it will only degrade it. maybe back in the 1980s, when the guitar was 20 years old, i could see playing it.

but this guitar is highly collectible. keeping it in this prestine condition is only possible if you dont play it.

JMHO and thats all that counts

Archived