Some audio from my last gig (Edwards content)

_pete_

• Members

Here a clip from the last show. It's an instrumental from Rush's Snakes & Arrows album.

This is the Edwards LP. You can hear the piezo (although the soundman didn't have it up enough) and the rest is a pretty good representation of how damn powerful this guitar is.

The Main Monkey Business

I screwed the end of the solo a bit but what the hell, it's live right?

• Members

sounds great. real nice mix.

not sure what a piezo is? is it on all the time or only during parts like at 4:38?

nice tone and playing!

i like the song. i haven't listen to any of the rush records since signals. maybe i should check this release out.

thanks for sharing

:wave:

• Members

sounds great. real nice mix.

not sure what a piezo is? is it on all the time or only during parts like at 4:38?

nice tone and playing!

i like the song. i haven't listen to any of the rush records since signals. maybe i should check this release out.

thanks for sharing

:wave:

I installed a piezo bridge in the Edwards to get an acoustic sound. It's used on & off throughout that tune.

Here's a better clip of it on the intro to this one:

Closer to the Heart

• Members

excellent. sounded like an acoustic. :lol: that upgrade makes the guitar very versatile. does it go thru your amp as well or is sent straight to the pa system? i guess you switch between via a footswitch? good stuff.

• Members

excellent. sounded like an acoustic.
:lol:
that upgrade makes the guitar very versatile. does it go thru your amp as well or is sent straight to the pa system? i guess you switch between via a footswitch? good stuff.

It runs to a separate acoustic amp. I toggle it on and off with an A/B switch.

How are you liking your new Edwards?

• Members

It runs to a separate acoustic amp. I toggle it on and off with an A/B switch.

How are you liking your new Edwards?

digging it! i have logged some good hours with it over the last week. the guitar is fantastic. its easy on the eyes and a real player. i tried the jb in parallel and it did help remove some shrill, but i ended up trying a alnico 2 paf clone(8.3k) i had. not sure if thats the ticket either. the 59 neck is were i am spending most of my time. that thing sings! i really like my burstbucker pros in my epi, but i was looking for a little different option for the eddy. i plan to install some new electronics in it tomorrow and wire it differently. maybe this will help me in the bridge position. i hope to get some pics up soon with the obligatory ngd thread. :)

• Members

Good lord. You guys are good. I really like the mix too... it's nice hearing the bass up front like that. Amazingly enough, sometimes it can be easy for Geddy to get a little lost when Neil and Alex are really going at it.

I just realized I didnt mention anything about your guitar tone or playing. Needless to say- it's damn good too.

• Members

Those both sound good! Maybe dial the gain back a little bit on Limelight.

Between The Wheels has a nice tone to it. Try recording the original track on one side and you on the other if you don't have a backing track.

• Members

Those both sound good! Maybe dial the gain back a little bit on Limelight.

Between The Wheels has a nice tone to it. Try recording the original track on one side and you on the other if you don't have a backing track.

i can try that. look for this thread tomorrow.

that zentera sounds amazing pete, me wanty.

btw, could you post some pictures of that prs se eg you had? if you have any, i remember seeing some over at trf some time ago.

• Members

Good lord. You guys are good. I really like the mix too... it's nice hearing the bass up front like that. Amazingly enough, sometimes it can be easy for Geddy to get a little lost when Neil and Alex are really going at it.

I just realized I didnt mention anything about your guitar tone or playing. Needless to say- it's damn good too.

x2 on everything he said.

Archived