REAL new guitar day (not one of those fake ones, Gibson content)

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

Saw it at a pawn shop for 1200. Put it on layaway for the final price of 900 and 50 bucks tax. Had it on layaway since around Thanksgiving (here's the story and original thread):

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813241

I picked it up yesterday. One of the guys who worked there, apparently a guitarist, told me it's a good thing I put it on layaway when I did. Two days later a guy showed with 1200 in cash for it.

Dated the serial number, seems like it was produced in 1987, a year after I was born.

2lco29i.jpg

iqk3o9.jpg

5pilac.jpg

1z14l7p.jpg

Tuners replaced with Grovers, which is a nice touch, because I HATE standard traditional Gibson tuners. They break on me constantly.

xli5qw.jpg

A little dinged up, just enough for me not to be afraid of actually playing it. Along each fret, the binding has a little crack... kind of cool. Came with a lot of goodies, two polishing clothes, polish, leather strap, strap locks, extra strings... It's in standard, and I gotta take it down to drop C. I'm a little nervous to mess with it yet because I like it so much. Gotta go up a guage and tune it down. Wish me luck!

• Members

Saw it at a pawn shop for 1200. Put it on layaway for the final price of 900 and 50 bucks tax. Had it on layaway since around Thanksgiving (here's the story and original thread):

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813241

I picked it up yesterday. One of the guys who worked there, apparently a guitarist, told me it's a good thing I put it on layaway when I did. Two days later a guy showed with 1200 in cash for it.

Dated the serial number, seems like it was produced in 1987, a year after I was born.

2lco29i.jpg

iqk3o9.jpg

5pilac.jpg

1z14l7p.jpg

Tuners replaced with Grovers, which is a nice touch, because I HATE standard traditional Gibson tuners. They break on me constantly.

xli5qw.jpg

A little dinged up, just enough for me not to be afraid of actually playing it. Along each fret, the binding has a little crack... kind of cool. Came with a lot of goodies, two polishing clothes, polish, leather strap, strap locks, extra strings... It's in standard, and I gotta take it down to drop C. I'm a little nervous to mess with it yet because I like it so much. Gotta go up a guage and tune it down. Wish me luck!

Very cool. Great price too!:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

Archived