Up the Irons: Maiden still great

foxguitar

• Members

saw Maiden last night at Izod center in New Jersey , Freaking Awsum they still kick ass.

The band was tight and played the great stuff from the 80s .

amazing night . Most solos were handled by Smith and Murray with Gers doing some lead work.

They all used mostly modded Strats with smith sometimes using a Gibson SG looked like a 61 Ri from my vantage point , I didnt see any amps so I cant tell what they used. The sound was clear and crisp .

If you get a chance , go they still rule.:thu:

• Members

I saw maiden a couple of weeks ago at the MExico concert,

those guys still kick ass, great solos (all of 'em), and if you add a little Steve Harris in the mix you get an awesome Metal Band

Up the irons... :thu:

• Members

HELL YEAH!!

liveafterdeathdvd.jpg

I believe they mainly use Marshall JMP preamps/poweramps...

from what I hear, Adrian Smith bought up quite a few Marshall DSL heads, as they may be going away with recent EU restrictions going into effect, regarding use of lead in electronics, etc.(and with the release of the vintage modern and jvm amps)

• Members

very good band, I loved them until they put out Somewhere in Time, didn't care for their stuff after that. I saw them on the Brave New World tour at PNC and had a good time. Glad you enjoyed the show, I'm thinking of getting tickets for the MSG show later in the year.

Archived