Anyone installed Lindey Fralin Pick ups?

asatnutz

• Members

I had vintage hots installed for awhile in my American strat. They sounded very nice. Everything a strat should be. I'll probably be be flamed for this for this, but I got cash hungry, and sold them for 160 bucks. I bought a replacement set of GFS for 60 bucks, and put 100 bucks back in my pocket. I kept the strat that way for about 2 years til I decided to experiment with noiseless pickups.

The Fralins are wonderful sounding pickups. The just didn't justify the expense for me personally. I'd go so far as to say they were smoother, rounder, sweeter, more quacky, and generally better sounding pickups than the GFS...but they weren't 170 bucks better (about the present price difference) than the GFS pickups I put in there to replace them (no pickups are to me btw). Fralins are great pickups. If you have the cash and don't mind spending it, you won't be disappointed.

• Members
I had vintage hots installed for awhile in my American strat. They sounded very nice. Everything a strat should be. I'll probably be be flamed for this for this, but I got cash hungry, and sold them for 160 bucks. I bought a replacement set of GFS for 60 bucks, and put 100 bucks back in my pocket. I kept the strat that way for about 2 years til I decided to experiment with noiseless pickups.

The Fralins are wonderful sounding pickups. The just didn't justify the expense for me personally. I'd go so far as to say they were smoother, rounder, sweeter, more quacky, and generally better sounding pickups than the GFS...but they weren't 170 bucks better (about the present price difference) than the GFS pickups I put in there to replace them (no pickups are to me btw). Fralins are great pickups. If you have the cash and don't mind spending it, you won't be disappointed.

Heck, if $ is an issue, just have Bryan over at BG pickups wind you up a custom set forumite-discount style.

Archived