Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy tolex?

Is there any company that sells tolex. I want to re-tolex my 1960a, preferably in a dark purple color (similar to the Vintage Modern color). Thanks!
    My Gear:

2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    1990 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Marshall JTM45 Reissue
    Marshall 1960AC 4x12

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech11.html
    Originally Posted by tinwhisker

tone is in the stfu

Originally Posted by saktr-iyko

i'm both a smart ass and correct

Comment

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/products.asp?id=45012

Comment

lopoline.com

Comment

Is there any company that sells tolex. I want to re-tolex my 1960a, preferably in a dark purple color (similar to the Vintage Modern color). Thanks!

Lots of places. What are you using for search words? You should be getting lots of hits.
          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
          -For Sale:
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

www.tubesandmore.com has a wide variety of tolex. They also have a wide variety of grillcloths.
            9,2,3 and TS9 of teh boosted midz club

Comment

thanks everyone!
              My Gear:

2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional
              1990 Gibson Les Paul Studio
              Marshall JTM45 Reissue
              Marshall 1960AC 4x12

Comment

www.tubesandmore.com has a wide variety of tolex. They also have a wide variety of grillcloths.
                That's the old Antique Radio Supply, isn't it? There is also Fenton Music and Parts-is-parts. PE carries a bit of tolex and grill cloth too.
                tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                -For Sale:
                -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

A few ebay stores also stock tolex, last time I checked they even had snakeskin

You can't get it from Marshall because they think recovering is a job for a professional or something
                  "If ever there's an obscene noise to be made on an instrument, it's going to come out of a guitar. On a saxophone you can play sleaze. On a bass you can play balls. But on a guitar you can be truly obscene...Let's be realistic about this, the guitar can be the single most blasphemous device on the face of the earth. That's why I like it...The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar: now that's my idea of a good time." - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                  X