Getting a wireless tomorrow!

xnickbeex

• Members

I've never used one, nor really felt the need for one. Do you plan on using this at gigs?

Yes, It will be used primarily for gigs. I'm on tour this summer and thought it'd come in handy. There wouldnt be much point of using it elsewhere. not really that much room to move around in my jamspace anyway hahah. But I do find my patch cord into my guitar often gets tangled easily no matter where I play so I think it'd be great to have.

• Members

Yes, It will be used primarily for gigs. I'm on tour this summer and thought it'd come in handy. There wouldnt be much point of using it elsewhere. not really that much room to move around in my jamspace anyway hahah. But I do find my patch cord into my guitar often gets tangled easily no matter where I play so I think it'd be great to have.

No doubt. Being tethered sucks sometimes. And I don't what it is, I must always spin around in the same direction. I usually end up with a big knot of twisted chord at my feet.

• Members

if you're going to get this thing, you better do some crazy ass {censored}.

Some crazy ass {censored} will take place once I buy this thing, no word of a lie. I'm not into the whole guitar spin cheesyness, I just like being able to move around freely and not worry about my cord getting tangled.

• Members

No doubt. Being tethered sucks sometimes. And I don't what it is, I must always spin around in the same direction. I usually end up with a big knot of twisted chord at my feet.

Dude same deal. I use Monster cables, they're very reliable, and have great clarity, but they still tangle just like every other patch cable! hahaha.

• Members

I've had a Shure wireless for 7-8 years now and it has functioned perfectly in all situations. BUT, if I were buying today, I'd get the newer plug style where the entire transmitter is in the plug jack. Makes the old transmitter in the back pocket obsolete. PS Has anyone mentioned to you that you lose some tone/signal with a wireless?

• Members

A wireless system is the all-time champeen of the "where you been all my life" revelations. Takes about two seconds (ten seconds if you're retarded) to realize that being tied to a cord SUCKS. No more taping cables to the stage floor with duct tape. No more 5-foot movement range. Does anyone really think Angus Young has a 300-foot cord and NEVER trips over it, stomps on it and yanks the cord out of the guitar (or the guitar out of his hands)

I've tried both the transmitter-in-jack design and the hang-on-belt design. If the damn thing is invisible so you never notice it, who cares? If you've ever stomped on your cable and had unpleasant results, this is for you.

I wouldn't want to even TRY to live without it.

• Members

I've had a Shure wireless for 7-8 years now and it has functioned perfectly in all situations. BUT, if I were buying today, I'd get the newer plug style where the entire transmitter is in the plug jack. Makes the old transmitter in the back pocket obsolete. PS Has anyone mentioned to you that you lose some tone/signal with a wireless?

Of course I've heard that before... but really, I think it's just like everything else practically, you get more if you pay more. The SLX is pretty pricey, and I've heard noting but good about it. That being said, I still have to try it for myself, so I guess I'd have to be the judge to form an honest opinion. I doubt tone/signal loss would be an issue with this one specifically, but I'm sure it is with many cheaper ones. I'll find out...never ended up getting it the other day, change in plans. But hopefully I have the time to try some different ones and pick one up!

• Members

A wireless system is the all-time champeen of the "where you been all my life" revelations. Takes about two seconds (ten seconds if you're retarded) to realize that being tied to a cord SUCKS. No more taping cables to the stage floor with duct tape. No more 5-foot movement range. Does anyone really think Angus Young has a 300-foot cord and NEVER trips over it, stomps on it and yanks the cord out of the guitar (or the guitar out of his hands)

I've tried both the transmitter-in-jack design and the hang-on-belt design. If the damn thing is invisible so you never notice it, who cares? If you've ever stomped on your cable and had unpleasant results, this is for you.

I wouldn't want to even TRY to live without it.

100% backed bro. I think it's the way to go too personally!

• Members

I'm hooked on my Sennheiser freeport. I don't notice any tone loss when I've got a fresh 9v.

I too say,...to hell with that guitar cord. When ever I step on it and unplug my guitar unintentionally, I feel like chopping that fkn thing into a million pieces.

As for the smaller built-into-the -jack thing, maybe next time but I think they look flimsy. They might break too easy. And I don't think they can hold much juice in the way of batteries.

• Members

Does anyone really think Angus Young has a 300-foot cord and NEVER trips over it, stomps on it and yanks the cord out of the guitar (or the guitar out of his hands)

hasn't angus been using a Schaffer-Vega wireless system since the late 70's? i believe evh used to use one of those too

Archived