Agile questions

Mr. Brass

• Members

Thinking on my Agile purchases, Most of them have turned out less than happy. Out of 5 agiles (An AL2500, An AL3000M Prestige, An ST-1000,

An AL 2000 Goldtop P-90s, and an DC 2800 w/uniform profile neck).

The 2500 was decent. The AL 3000M prestige needed a major fret level and the bone nut was useless. The St 1000 (their flagship strat copy at the time) though with GREAT hardware and pickups needed to have the neck shimmed right away as the strings hit the saddles at the wrong angle making the guitar sound dead and lifeless untill the neck was repositioned. The AL 2800 DC had the neck literally fall off after 6 months and I found that it was only glued with a speck of glue.

Suprizingly enough that is the only agile I've kept as I reset the neck, Put in a set of 490r 498t gibson pickups and I really like that one (shouldn't need to reset a neck though!!).

The Goldtop was perfect right out of the box and needed nothing save a bit of intonation adjustment And sounded EXCELLENT ($159.00 guitar!!!).

Not a good track record I'd say.

Unfortunately they do use excellent materials and have a good sound stock. All these issues I've described are really Q/C issues and that's unfortunate.

Even after all this rant I'd say Rondo is a very good dealer and has the best customer support in the buisness.

Mabye I've been the unluckiest Agile buyer in the world?

• Members

Cool, yeah I was looking on E- Bay and it seemed to be all the lower models. I think I may just go for a nicer model and leave it the way it comes, or is there anything that you would recommend besides new PUPs?

I would go for a 3000 AL or above. They are amazing for the price.

The 2800's and below can be great guitars but it is worth it to get one of the higher end models.

• Members

I would go for a 3000 AL or above. They are amazing for the price.

The 2800's and below can be great guitars but it is worth it to get one of the higher end models.

+100 - Just get at least an Al3000, for $369 you can't beat em and they are miles better than the lower models

• Members

the AL 3000m plain top is their best overall guitar i think. possibly the best deal on an LP style guitar out there.

the AL 2500 is a really great cheap guitar if you had budget limitations. the little extra cash over the 2000 is worth it for the indian rosewood board. it makes a big difference in feel (and look).

the rest are all kinda variations with plusses or minuses over those.

oh, and the 2900 is hollow with f holes and should have the same spec as the 3000.

the chart pretty much says it all.

• Members

Agiles play and sound great. My only beef with them is that some models like the

LP copies and LP Junior copy can be kind of heavy.

my 3000m is not too heavy, my jr i found fairly light though not a feather. my 2500's were tanks.

one interesting thing i found is that alot of said weight is in hardware. not really sure which parts specifically cause the difference, but when i stripped the parts off, the 2500 body/neck were less than half of the full guitar.

Archived