is my tone bad

Still.ill

• Members

I would have guessed some sort of Boss distortion pedal...it could also be the distortion channel on a solid-state practice amp. I dunno...it's not my cup of tea, anyway. I prefer tube amp overdrive, but I'm a blues-oriented player.

is that how bad boss pedals are????

• Members

is that how bad boss pedals are????

Honestly, I just have an arbitrarily poor opinion of Boss pedals in general so I that's the brand that came to mind. Actually, I once had an Ibanez Metal Charger pedal that sounded like this.

• Members

Keep recording. Keep listening to yourself. You'll figure out what you like. It may take some years of fine tuning but you'll find your sound. If no one likes it then....... {censored}'em!

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU, BABY!!!

• Members

Your sounding like your playing through a Cheap Solid State amp with the OD Button pushed on. Just that over processed, buzzing Tone that really only gives up some decent Harmonic Tone's. Which your not focusing on anyway?

By the way I didn't read the thread so I don't even know what your playing through at the momnt.

IMO I like a Cleaner more Natural Tone were you can appeciate the Quality of a guitar like a Strat or a Les-Paul. But hey this is all my opinion, which that and $1.00 will get you a coffee.

Keep playing and Evolving my Brother!

Archived