Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cab for boogie express?

Okay, so my new Mesa/Boogie express has two external speaker jacks... 2x4OHM outputs for use with 8OHM speakers. Any ideas on what sort of cab I should get to fill a venue of maybe 500?
    If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically.
    Jean-Paul Sartre

MAZI BEE MILITIA
    EPIPHONE EMPIRE

PA
    I don't like signatures!

Comment

PA

Your kidding?
      If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically.
      Jean-Paul Sartre

MAZI BEE MILITIA
      EPIPHONE EMPIRE

Comment

No. The best way to fill a venue for 500 people is to use the PA.
        I don't like signatures!

Comment

PA allows you to get a better mix but some times you don't always have that option and I have played 500 seat auditoriums with no PA, just my amp. At the time I was using a Mesa Single Recto and a Mesa 1x12" and had plenty of volume but I wish I had a vertical 2x12" so I could get the coupling effect with the ground and a speaker projecting a bit higher up for a bit more clarity. I dunno how many watts your express it, but you could get away with a 1x12" with a big cab and a high wattage speaker (mine was the oversize cab with the 90W Black Shadow) or a 2x12".

4x12" isn't worth the sacrifice if you have to carry it around all the time IMO.
          My Soundclick
          My YouTube Channels

'01 Heritage H535
          '05 USA G&L Legacy
          Taylor Big Baby

Comment

Working...
          X