Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Good cab for boogie express?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cab for boogie express?

Okay, so my new Mesa/Boogie express has two external speaker jacks... 2x4OHM outputs for use with 8OHM speakers. Any ideas on what sort of cab I should get to fill a venue of maybe 500?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically.<br />
    Jean-Paul Sartre<br />
    <br />
    MAZI BEE MILITIA<br />
    EPIPHONE EMPIRE</div>

PA
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I don't like signatures!</div>

Comment

PA

Your kidding?
      <div class="signaturecontainer">If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically.<br />
      Jean-Paul Sartre<br />
      <br />
      MAZI BEE MILITIA<br />
      EPIPHONE EMPIRE</div>

Comment

No. The best way to fill a venue for 500 people is to use the PA.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">I don't like signatures!</div>

Comment

PA allows you to get a better mix but some times you don't always have that option and I have played 500 seat auditoriums with no PA, just my amp. At the time I was using a Mesa Single Recto and a Mesa 1x12" and had plenty of volume but I wish I had a vertical 2x12" so I could get the coupling effect with the ground and a speaker projecting a bit higher up for a bit more clarity. I dunno how many watts your express it, but you could get away with a 1x12" with a big cab and a high wattage speaker (mine was the oversize cab with the 90W Black Shadow) or a 2x12".

4x12" isn't worth the sacrifice if you have to carry it around all the time IMO.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://8.14.112.20/bands/default.cfm?bandID=702186" target="_blank">My Soundclick</a><br />
          <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Presc86" target="_blank">My YouTube Channels</a><br />
          <br />
          '01 Heritage H535<br />
          '05 USA G&amp;L Legacy<br />
          Taylor Big Baby</div>

Comment

Working...
          X