Dream Guitar

Zapata

• Members

Well, it would pretty much look kinda like this as far as shape:

l_67503c0183953e3f25f4c1bf24ec8c62.jpg

Carved flamed maple top, back and sides. Mahogany neck.

But it would be semi-hollow with a mahogany center block with an ebony fretboard and a cool headstock. It would be slightly thicker than a 335 about 2" at the rim. I would put natural wood binding on the body and none on the neck or headstock. It would be adorned with the finest gold plated tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece (possibly a trapeze just for the bling factor) I'd use 18:1 Gold tuners (non-locking). The F-holes would be shaped like rattlesnakes and the headstock would have mother of pearl snake rattle inlay. The Fretboard position markers would be Mother of pearl diamonds to resemble the markings on a rattlesnake..probably a series of diamonds, or blocks in a diamond configuration. For a finish I'd really like a transparent white if it could be achieve while still showing the maple flame, if not, something like an antique burst or almond burst.

that's all.

• Members

Interesting... So hard to choose!

Flying v body - mahogany with flamed maple top

Set neck, mahogany and maple, V headstock

Rosewood fingerboard, dark or stained black, with V MOP inlays

Floyd Rose trem, chrome

Locking nut, with grover tuners, chrome

Sustainiac in the neck position

Ultrasonic 6 pickup in the bridge

One volume control (gibson speed knob style, cream), pickup selector toggle (chrome), kill switch

Schaller straplocks

A light purpleburst finish, maybe some flake on the outside

And i have a tat on my back below my collar that I would either get inlayed at the twelfth fret or on the headstock.

• Members

Fun game!

Here's mine:

Strat Style with elongated upper horn for balance.

Mahogany body with blueburst (light to dark but not to black) flat maple top and masked binding - no need for a figured top just a nice grain.

trem-king tremolo

Birdseye maple 25" scale neck through compound radius thick ebony board and block MOP inlays and aged cream binding

Locking Tuners

WCR pickups in HSH configuration with super switch so I can find excellent strat quack tones in there along with the most brutal metal at the bridge and warm les paul slash tones at the neck.

• Members

Hmmmm, let's see...

*Les Paul Body with Strat contours (mahogany body, maple cap)
*Ebony fingerboard with Medium Jumbo frets
*Front, back, and neck binding
*Tune-O-Matic bridge
*P90 neck pup (as close to "Strat" sounding as I could get), humbucker bridge
*3/3 tuner configuration

• Members

Parker Supreme with the bridge piezos also doubling as MIDI pickups. Basically I want a Supreme (already have one) and a MIDI Fly mashed into one. Using MIDI to control the pickup switching and tapping would be {censored}ing incredible as well. :)

• Members

-LP Shape, but thinner. Not as thin as a ESP Eclipse, somewhere in the middle.

-Mahogany body, maple top

-Maple neck, Ebony board

-SS Frets

-Satin Cherry Sunburst

-Satin neck

-3x3 Planet Waves locking tuners

-Belly contour

-Cream Duncans (SH-5/SHPG-1)

-Locking Tune-o-Matic bridge

• Members

Hrmm... I'd probably get two guitars custom made. Both strats, but the top would be flat rather than contoured, other than the arm rest. One would be lightly flamed with a trans gray-black burst like PRS has. It wouldn't have a pickguard and would be H/S/S routed. No trem, just the bridge like on a hardtail Fender. EJ-ish neck profile with an ebony fretboard, 9.5" radius, 21 vintage frets, large-ish dot inlays, 5 way switching, with 1 volume and 1 tone control. The volume pot would split the coils on the bridge pickup and the tone would force the neck pickup on. I'd probably have to try some different higher end pickups but if I had to order it today, I'd probably go with an Ibanez Super 58 that was super-well potted in the bridge and Fralin Blues Specials in the neck and middle.

The next would have a normal original contour body with a Mary Kaye type finish with probably a parchment pickguard or something else not quite white, 1 piece maple neck, largish black dot inlays, no trem, S/S/S same controls as the other guitar. Again, I'd want to check out some higher end pickups but I'd go with Lollar Vintage Tweeds at the moment.

• Members
Well, it would pretty much look kinda like this as far as shape:

l_67503c0183953e3f25f4c1bf24ec8c62.jpg

Carved flamed maple top, back and sides. Mahogany neck.

But it would be semi-hollow with a mahogany center block with an ebony fretboard and a cool headstock. It would be slightly thicker than a 335 about 2" at the rim. I would put natural wood binding on the body and none on the neck or headstock. It would be adorned with the finest gold plated tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece (possibly a trapeze just for the bling factor) I'd use 18:1 Gold tuners (non-locking). The F-holes would be shaped like rattlesnakes and the headstock would have mother of pearl snake rattle inlay. The Fretboard position markers would be Mother of pearl diamonds to resemble the markings on a rattlesnake..probably a series of diamonds, or blocks in a diamond configuration. For a finish I'd really like a transparent white if it could be achieve while still showing the maple flame, if not, something like an antique burst or almond burst.

that's all.

Dude... that axe would kick ass... how much do you think it would cost?

• Members
:cop:How about you?

I think I'd go for carved top strat body type, .. I don't know much about pups, I'm guessin' It would have some crunchy humbucker, and 2 single coils, and some switch that would allow both a sort of bluesy crunch and sharp cleans..

I'd go for a floyd rose bridge, and one of those prs dragon inlays

and a reverse headstock!!!! :idea:

:thu:

• Members

This isn't my "dream guitar" per se, as LPs and 335s are pretty much ideal for me already, but I still want a guitar like this some day, so....

Doublecut body, ideally a PRS type carved top thing but in reality a hardtail strat body would be far more feasible. If the body were a PRS type thing, maybe semihollow.

Humbucker at the bridge with P90s in the neck and middle. Hot vintage type HB and vintagey P90s.

Wide and fat neck with 3+3 headstock (if PRS body, 6 in line for strat body I suppose).

• Members

I have two dream guitars:

1) Gibson Les Paul Custom in Alpine White with a Bisgby installed and slim profile neck.

2) Custom-made Superstrat in black/black with:

-Slim neck with maple fretboard

-9.5" fretboard radius

-Wilkinson Locking Tuners

-DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge humbucker with coil-splitting and DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Blues neck and middle single-coil pickups.

• Members

It'd be a Mahogany neck through firebird body, though made with more access to the neck.
The neck would have 24 frets.
Pickups would be whatever is in mine now (old gibson PAF and dimarzio Super Distorion?)
fretboard would be the parker composite material or ebanol.
The bridge would be the Parker Fly tremolo with the piezo.
Sperzel/schaller locking tuners
lsr roller nut, a nice graphtech nut, or a buzz feiten nut.
dark transparent brown finish.

Archived