Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Agile purchases ( They can be Great guitars)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

I usually end up modding my guitars with new pickups and wiring whether they are expensive or not so Agiles are great for me. A nice platform for a guy who thinks 90% of the sound is in the pickups anyway.

I've found that the hardware is quite good on them. It really boils down to a little bit more care at assembly to me.
      For instance with my 2800DC that the neck pulled off of, 2 seconds to put the glue in the joint is all it would have taken and there would never have been a problem with an otherwise Very good guitar.

On the ST-1000 just a little check of the neck angle and there would have been no reason to have to shim the neck.
      As For the AL 3000M Prestige. The frets were so uneven that I had no choice but to level them (so I don't know what to make of that)
      And the nut was terrible. After I leveled the frets (this required a good dose of scraping with a flat diamond stone and a generous amount of elbow grease with a crowning file and a good polishing with some 0000 steel wool (seems like a lot of needed work for a guitar advertizes with "individualy hand filed frets").
      After that it was a Very good guitar. I unloaded it in a pakage trade in which I ended up with a Cyber Twin so all in all I'm happy.
      If only I was all thumbs

Comment

Have you ever contacted Kurt or returned any of these Agiles?
        DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Other than the weight, all of my Agile guitars (about a dozen) have been excellent.
          Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

Have you ever contacted Kurt or returned any of these Agiles?

Nope. This IS my fault.

But I do value my time and can't be bothered to waste any of it at the UPS store. Nor do I have time to wait at home for a pickup.
            I've no problem with Kurt, He did offer to take back without so much as a whimper a guitar WHEN I e-mailed him about an issue. He is a first rate person in my book. The issue lies with 1 ounce of effort at the factory not with Kurt.
            If only I was all thumbs

Comment

My experience is about 50/50 with Rondo, both Agile and SX.
              Out of 5 Rondo guitars I've sent back two.
              An Agile ps900 with poor fretwork and a twisted neck.
              An SX strat that was only good for firewood.

I bought an SX tele that had many issues but I made it a nice player.
              I gave that one away.
              An Agile al2000 was also very good.
              All it really needed was a fret leveling which was done by forum member Atrox.
              According to he and Joecool it's now an excellent player.
              Surprisingly the best guitar of them all is an SX acoustic.
              Nicest looking wood and construction.
              A truss rod and saddle adjustment was all it needed.
              Agiles and other budget brands are a value at their price.
              The issues they sometimes have is a reflection of that price.

Comment

I paid for an AL2500 and got an AL2800 about 3 years ago. Some minor upgrades like a bone nut, Fralin P90 p/u's, set up and I can't believe how amazing this guitar sounds for such little money. I'm not a fan of the SX models, but would consider another Agile in the future.
                Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

I paid for an AL2500 and got an AL2800 about 3 years ago. Some minor upgrades like a bone nut, Fralin P90 p/u's, set up and I can't believe how amazing this guitar sounds for such little money. I'm not a fan of the SX models, but would consider another Agile in the future.

Sweet.
                  My real beef is that Agiles are 90% of the way to being the best deal in the electric buisness (The MIM Strat edges them out IMHO) With a very small effort in Factory worker training.
                  The issues I've described here and be corrected with less than one man minute per unit and Agile (or the factory contracted to make them)would have to be considered one of the worlds premere guitar builders.
                  If only I was all thumbs

Comment

I have one - an AL-2000 and mine came perfect right outta the box. I'd buy another one in a second. Actually just bought an Epi but will probably resell it (long story) and get another higher-end Agile.
                    I tell them young boys all the time "There's 2 things you really need to be a "bluesman" - Percodan and Whiskey"

Comment

I want an AGILE 2300 and drop some TV Jones Power Trons in there !!!

Gibson SG Faded (w. SD A2P's)
                      60's Classic Series Tele (w. Bareknuckle Flatt '50s)
                      Ibanez Artcore AG75 (w. TV Jones TV-HT's)
                      Gibson LP Jr. Special (w. Phil X PX-100)
                      Tokai LS92 (w. SD WLH set)
                      Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh
                      1966 Bassman / Thunderverb 50 / block letter 5150 / Marshall Class5

Good deals with : Pepperduck, TylerDurden24, iualum, hangwire, friction, Dr.Picklebottom, dmbluesguy, Mr JinX , dhouser3 & The Riffer.

Comment

Working...
                      X