NGRFD: telecaster

metalhead666666

• Members

new guitar refinished day

I put together a telecaster last week but the finish was crappy, the electronics were messed up, and I needed to make a nut. I planned on getting it refinished later on but I brought it to school and got like 20 scratches in it while taking good care of it so when I got home I started sanding it. My dad brought it to work for the finisher there could finish it. It came out very good there is 5 coats of lacquer on the top and 4 on the back and it only took 3 days to get it back. I'll only have to pay about $20 for the time spent on it. I also had him round it over 1/4" instead of 1/8" much more comfortable I wonder why all teles aren't like that. I also ordered 2 25k pots from stewmac when ordering strat pots because the old ones were scratchy, I used a 0.022 Sprague Orange Drop Tone Caps from guitarfetish instead of the .047 and I like it better because now everything I play doesn't have a tele twang to it which is really only useful for country but I can still get it. I made a new nut out of corian also. Now I just have to wait until I get some fender tuners from TomCray to upgrade the crappy squier ones with (but they will be going to my strat build no need for good tuners with a locking nut) Here's some much better pics than the camera phone pics also

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

• Members

wow that looks awesome

where can i buy a tele like that? id get a tele if they had like that...

As said warmoth makes the bodies and necks those should come out nice. The emgs are the t-set and there not like for metal or anything like that. I don't think I'll get a pickguard for it though the wood looks awesome.

Archived