No announcement yet.

Jimmy P's guitars in the studio

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy P's guitars in the studio

Is anyone aware of a source (book, mag, innerwebzite, etc.) that lists the guitars Mr. Page used in the studio on a song by song basis?

I know there are "eras" where he mainly used this or that guitar on albums x through y, but I'd like a little more info than that. Besides, there are a number of songs where he used multiple guitars for various parts.

I suspect if such a body of info exists it is very incomplete but something is better than nothing.

thanks!
    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

given that he was wrecked on smack for 2 decades I doubt if even he knows...
    HCGJ Hyperbolic Race Traitor of the Year 2008

Originally Posted by Captain Scully

wayne vinson was sitting in seat 18c crying like a bitch.

i had to carry that softy out under my arm. if times got desperate he was going to be our raft.

he was wanting to store a bogner shiva in the coat closet. i later ate my lunch off that overpriced piece of **************** while i was sitting on the tail fin waiting for the rescue boats.

Originally Posted by mattoverb

omg I just noticed this thread has a vampire.

Comment

Comment

and given that zepp was almost started 40 years ago...

he says often in interviews that even he doesnt know or remember
        ilovemystrat
        ROCK'N'ROLL player in the Tokyo, Japan
        Leader/Founder of the Gibson Les Paul Classic Crew (GLPCC)

Gear:
        2007 Chambered Gibson Les Paul Standard in Ebony
        2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Natural Honeyburst
        2005 Fender Japan '57 Stratocaster
        1995 Marshall JTM30

Comment

welcome back

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

Comment

still there must be some conjecture and heresay, maybe not from Jimmy but others in the studio. i guess it that info was out there, we'd all know it by heart.

Comment

^haha most likely
              My band: The Letter 3

Comment

im pretty sure my guitar teacher knkows, hes a led zeppelin fanatic (me too!)

but its kinda hard to tell
                ilovemystrat
                ROCK'N'ROLL player in the Tokyo, Japan
                Leader/Founder of the Gibson Les Paul Classic Crew (GLPCC)

Gear:
                2007 Chambered Gibson Les Paul Standard in Ebony
                2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Natural Honeyburst
                2005 Fender Japan '57 Stratocaster
                1995 Marshall JTM30

Comment

Strato,

Try searching in Wikipedia. I don't think its song by song but it lists some of his guitars and equipment. I was looking into his sound myself for awhile, and researched a little bit. I think someone posted he used a telecaster on Zep I, and Les Paul on Zep II, & III. There have been posts in this forum and elsewhere how he hot wired his Les Paul. You probably know most of this already, but thought I'd pass on what I did know.

- W

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                  My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Working...
                  X