Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout some love for Molly Hatchet?

It's pretty slim pickings for Molly Hatchet on YouTube, but this video is good. Sadly, I came up empty in my search for "Boogie No More", my personal favorite.

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Danny Joe Brown and the Guitar Army!
    Originally Posted by aenemated

...if i wanted a daisy rock with goddamn care bears and rainbow brite on it, i'd ****************ing well have it and rock it out like a mother****************er.

Originally Posted by curseoftruth

Come on people. Being a musician doesn't mean being a ******.

Saw them 2 years ago at the Ribfest in Pittsburgh,it was a couple's anniversary gift from Dawn & I & the band was cool and wished them well on stage and greeted them after the show,pretty cool time I thought & my friends always bring that up
    1989 Gibson SG
    Eleven Rack

Comment

I remember when Hatchet's first album came out - late 70's. I was living in Kentucky at the time. That was one great album. DJB and Duane Roland - may they rest in peace.

Around the same time period 38 Special's first album was released. Well worth checking out by southern rock fans. This isn't like the 80's MTV era 38 Special although I like that for what it is, too. The first album is straight ahead Southern Rock.

Comment

Awesome band!!! one of my Favorite songs-----
        Originally Posted by tinwhisker

tone is in the stfu

Originally Posted by saktr-iyko

i'm both a smart ass and correct

Comment

That's a good one, too . Looks like it's from the same concert.

...if i wanted a daisy rock with goddamn care bears and rainbow brite on it, i'd ****************ing well have it and rock it out like a mother****************er.

Comment

Flirtin with Disaster
            R I P Leopardstar

Originally Posted by jjpistols
            yeah it's funny to watch internet idiots talk **************** knowing they've never accomplished a ****************in thing musically

Comment

Good band! Here's a cool story...back in the 80's we opened for them in Atlanta...Dave Lubbick(sp) came back to our dressing room before we went on...he was partaking in a few recreational commodities with us and was telling us how all the opening bands for them were getting booed of the stage and having stuff thrown at them and ****************...so he said he'd do us a favor and personally introduce us. He did just that...introduced us as friends of Molly Hatchet and the fans loved it...we had a great set and got called back for an encore.
              Happiness is a warm gut pile!!!

Comment

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]BOOGIE NO MORE IS A KICK ASS SONG

Comment

My first concert ever was MH opening for the Outlaws at the Spectrum in Philly back in '78 or so. Loved them ever since!!

And yes, Boogie No More is my favorite song by them!

Comment

Good band! Here's a cool story...back in the 80's we opened for them in Atlanta...Dave Lubbick(sp) came back to our dressing room before we went on...he was partaking in a few recreational commodities with us and was telling us how all the opening bands for them were getting booed of the stage and having stuff thrown at them and ****************...so he said he'd do us a favor and personally introduce us. He did just that...introduced us as friends of Molly Hatchet and the fans loved it...we had a great set and got called back for an encore.

Great story. What band were you in?

Comment

Loved 'em since day one! But I'm one of those gun totin' southern rock thumpers, so maybe a little biased here.
                      True love is realizing that persons heart is more important to you than your own.

Gear list:
                      1- Wash Tub √
                      1- Rod Iron Railing Bracket √
                      1- Broom Stick √
                      1- String √

Wanted:
                      More string

My Good Traders List

In memory, Erica Nicole (1988 - 2008)
                      May she rest in peace...

Comment

yea, alot of what i do is derived from Molly Hatchet licks.

their version of Dream I'll Never See is simply one of the best songs ever recorded IMHO
                        Carvin Bolt HSS, '89 USA Jackson Vintage
                        Carvin AC375 Acoustic, PRS SE Singlecut Korina
                        Fender Telecaster (Esquire)
                        Orange TH30C

Barber Direct Drive,Boss NS-2,Mooer Shimverb,TC Nova Delay, BBE Boosta Grande, and
                        H.A.M. Modded CS-3

Most recent great deals with: tupelo son, cleverbastid, keebz, madsr, Fender Picker, Fuchs314, johnrambo, Matt Howell, RobertUI, Weathered, gtrmaestro, JimmyClark

Comment

A guy I work with is convinced that the singer in Molly Hatchet is the singer in The Cult (or something like that). He's never seen pictures of either band.

Comment

Man, listen around 0:58, he ****************s up the lyrics to Flirtin With Disaster...shows you how ****************ed up they were live.
                            The last time a version of "Molly Hatchet" came around, i dont think they had even 1 original roadie, much less a member of the band.
                            There's a story about how Danny Joe Brown sold the name Molly Hatchet and after that, pffft.
                            Yea, back in the day, i liked em alot but damn, talk about burning out the hard way, geez.
                            okay, so they put on a good show but i remember back in those daze...they were fuuuuuuuuuuucked up. DJB was a nice guy...effed up ...but a nice guy.
                            I hear Hlubek is driving a delivery truck for Home Depot down around Jacksonville Fl. ???
                            That's ****************ed up, he should be playing somewhere.

Comment

How 'bout some love for Molly Hatchet?

None here.
                              Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                              Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Working...
                              X