What were you doing at 10 yrs old?

Glyder

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's impressive! I hope she doesn't develop an ulcer!

10 years old. I was proud to have two digits in my age. I started a new school full of snobby rich kids and I didn't fit in because I didn't have the correct brand of cordoroy pants or the correct brand of boat shoes.

There was this new game that came out called Dungeons and Dragons. A few of us losers became quite enamored with it but we never really figured out how to play it...

I set the 5th grade record at the school for the 1 mile run. I don't know if I could even run a mile now unless the police or the criminals were chasing me!

That summer I was a swimming champion at the local city pool. My best stroke-----------breast stroke of course.

• Members

playing every day unsupervised at the local park with all the other neighborhood kids, watching The Soupy Sales Show (we had better TV shows in those days), and being a founding member of a 2 man chemistry club.

• Members

I got my first guitar at age 10. A huge Kay F-Hole acoustic. It's what I learned to play on until I got my first electric six years later. I distinctly remember the morning after I got it, I was furiously strumming the open strings until my mom made me stop. :rawk:

Archived