Good Les Paul Special Double Cutaway Copy?

cardude6987

• Members

There's the Agile AD-2300 Jr for $240.

ad2300nat1a.jpg

Also the Dillion LP Jr. for $299. I think they might have a non Jr. model as well.

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/dillion_guitars/dxc-50/dillion_lp_jr_guitars.html

dillion_dxc_58.gif

Epiphone also made a set-neck double cut LP Jr in the 90s that you can sometimes find on eBay. There's also Edwards, but you would have to find a used one to get into your price range.

• Members

Those are nice. But my pickyness wants to stay as close to the gibby as possible.

gibsonfadedDC.JPG

Then buy a Gibson. There are no perfect copies widely available in the US for legal reasons. If you want the body shape exact, then you have to buy the real thing or possibly import something from Japan.

• Members

If you're willing to go up to $600, why not buy a used Gibson one? You should be able to find one for that much. I almost bought a brand new one a few months ago at GuitarCenter for $499 during one of their sales.

I might thanks man. I did not know they could get that cheap, though.

• Members

I might thanks man. I did not know they could get that cheap, though.

You should be able to get a used one on eBay for around $600. There's nothing on there now, but since they're $850 new now (they raised the prices) you should still be able to get a used one at the high end of your price range.

• Members

You should be able to get a used one on eBay for around $600. There's nothing on there now, but since they're $850 new now (they raised the prices) you should still be able to get a used one at the high end of your price range.

Where are they $850 new? The only ones I can find are the custom shop ones which are like $2500

• Members

I have heard on this forum that the faded's have crappy wood. Is it true on this model? I'll try to find one at GC next weekend

I've played a few that were great! I think the finish puts alot of people off, but alot of people like shiny guitars. I would def play one first before getting it, because they are not for everybody. Very nice guitars for the price IMO.

• Members

I've played a few that were great! I think the finish puts alot of people off, but alot of people like shiny guitars. I would def play one first before getting it, because they are not for everybody. Very nice guitars for the price IMO.

Ok now I am gonna try one out next weekend. Thanks

• Members

I have a Gibson Les Paul Special DC in "faded" yellow finish. First of all, it's not faded but instead a satin finish. Kind of like the HWY 1 Fenders. It really looks nice the only problem is I never play mine. Why? Because I'm kind of scared to booger the thing up and I'm really not into LP Specials anyway. I like my LP Jr and SG Classic WAY too much and I don't feel like I'm going to put a scratch on them.

The thin nitro finish just seems fragile to me so I just don't play it. Mine still has the plastic on the guard even...a dang shame. I should sell it and get another SG classic.

guitarstuff040mk1.jpg' alt='>'>

guitarstuff041tq8.jpg' alt='>'>

guitarstuff042hs7.jpg' alt='>'>

guitarstuff044sm7.jpg' alt='>'>

As for the sound? It sounds a little fuller than my Juniors, bigger some how. I have no idea why, I can't explain it even though people have told me it shouldn't be that way. Could be because it's a one piece body, I can't find a ny bookmatching in it.

• Members

I would say Eastwood as well. I have one and because I have some gas for something else I'm actually looking to get rid of it. If you live in the LA area I'll sell it to you. It has an $80 upgraded adjustable saddle bridge on it and I'm pretty sure the previous owner had it set up professionally, but I love it. The pickups on it are great, but I loved it so much I bought an Edwards which is amazing, hence me not feeling so bad about selling this one.

Archived