Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Les Paul Special Double Cutaway Copy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Les Paul Special Double Cutaway Copy?

What is a good les paul special double cutaway copy that is in the $100-$600 range?

There's the Agile AD-2300 Jr for $240.

Also the Dillion LP Jr. for $299. I think they might have a non Jr. model as well.

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/dillion_guitars/dxc-50/dillion_lp_jr_guitars.html

Epiphone also made a set-neck double cut LP Jr in the 90s that you can sometimes find on eBay. There's also Edwards, but you would have to find a used one to get into your price range.
    Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

I like the dillion. It is close to the body style but the agile is way off. I do not like only one pickup on the dillion, though. I am really picky, I know

Comment

I dig the Eastwood P-90 Special.

A little overpriced, I think, at $399. If you check My Rare Guitars, however, it doesn't take lone for one with a minor finish defect to show up for $299.
        SPAM:
        Dunlop DC Brick, Digitech JAMMAN Solo.

Comment

If you're willing to go up to $600, why not buy a used Gibson one? You should be able to find one for that much. I almost bought a brand new one a few months ago at GuitarCenter for $499 during one of their sales.
          Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

Those are nice. But my pickyness wants to stay as close to the gibby as possible.

Comment

Those are nice. But my pickyness wants to stay as close to the gibby as possible.

Then buy a Gibson. There are no perfect copies widely available in the US for legal reasons. If you want the body shape exact, then you have to buy the real thing or possibly import something from Japan.

Comment

If you're willing to go up to $600, why not buy a used Gibson one? You should be able to find one for that much. I almost bought a brand new one a few months ago at GuitarCenter for $499 during one of their sales.

Sage advice.
                Listen...

Comment

I might thanks man. I did not know they could get that cheap, though.

Comment

I might thanks man. I did not know they could get that cheap, though.

You should be able to get a used one on eBay for around $600. There's nothing on there now, but since they're $850 new now (they raised the prices) you should still be able to get a used one at the high end of your price range.

Comment

You should be able to get a used one on eBay for around $600. There's nothing on there now, but since they're $850 new now (they raised the prices) you should still be able to get a used one at the high end of your price range.

Where are they $850 new? The only ones I can find are the custom shop ones which are like $2500

Comment

Where are they $850 new? The only ones I can find are the custom shop ones which are like $2500

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Faded-Double-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar?sku=517512
                        Listen...

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Faded-Double-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar?sku=517512

Are those part of Gibson's faded series? Like the Sg's

Comment

Are those part of Gibson's faded series? Like the Sg's

Yeah.
                            Listen...

Comment

Yeah.

I have heard on this forum that the faded's have crappy wood. Is it true on this model? I'll try to find one at GC next weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X