Cort Strat

ssureshot

• Members

I've found one on Craigslist for $75. I did some research and it seems the strats are made from agethis. I have been seeing alot of Cort guitars lately, I stopped in music store I don't frequent and their whole wall was littered with them. I am curious what they sound like. They didn't have a Strat style though.

Even though I'm looking for a Cherry Nitro strat body I was debating about purchasing this if I can get some input about the body. Is it solid? Good Frets? ect..

I'd throw some good pickups in it I'm not worried about the electronics.

an opinions

• Members

The Cort G-Series are the Stratty type guitars. Most of the models made in the last 5 years are basswood, alder or ash bodies. Some of the earlier cheaper Strat models used agathis, but not many, AFAIK.

The general build quality is very good - especially the Korean-built models. They make excellent guitars to mod. Hardware and pickups (largely Mighty Mite and Cor-Tek) are decent, but not amazing. As with any cheaper brand, if you take the time to sort through a batch, you'll find a few special ones and a few dogs. I found a wonderful G-VT (limited edition for Musik Messe 2005 - ash body, maple board) and after some mods it took over as my number one Stratlike guitar.

Go to the Cort forums at http://www.cortguitarsusa.com/phpBB3/index.php and the (usually very helpful) guys there will help you identify the model you're looking at and give pretty honest opinions.

Archived