JB Player Sledgehammer Strat Copy - MIK late 80's.

zerkalo

• Members

I just got this guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330219455826&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

cce1_12.JPG

Only 82 bucks (I got the shipping price reduced). I was afraid that this thing would be too worn out; I've never purchased an axe older than 8 years.

But, to my surprise, this thing is in very good condition. The neck is almost mint, the frets have almost no wear on them. The neck has a patina on it that's very much like the one on Peavey Predators.

The only issue is the electronics. I think the pots are starting to go as the guitar goes mute every once in a while, but the pups may just stay; they sound good, even if they are ceramics.

By the way, Frets99 has that pretty pink one of these.

• Members

Mine has the pointy headstock and is from `88. It also had onboard pre-amp/boost electronics, but they don't seem to work anymore. Still plays and makes guitar sounds though.

Mine was intermittent as well, but it was the 5-way switch. Really bad switch, replaced that with one from my junk box and all is well.

Very nice neck, but a bit chunkier than is my norm. I'm debating wether to keep it and stick four GFS mod boards in the pre-amp compartment (it's got a battery box for two 9 volts) or ditch it for a small profit.

hammerbeaut2.jpg

headfront.jpg

hammerback.jpg

hammerbridge.jpg

Archived