Humbucker that sounds like a telecaster?

jaeger82

• Members

Any humbuckers out there that sound kinda like the fender bridge pups? Split or bucked... Bonus points if one exists in the 7string varieties.

Looking for something with that Tele thwack so I don't have to purchase a new guitar ATM... Eventually I'd love an American Standard Tele or a Warmoth tele with a sustainer. >:]~

:blah:

• Members

Hmm this could possibly get what I'm looking for...

http://riograndepickups.com/scart/ProductPage.asp?ImageLink=TBH7B&ProductName=7+String

Tallboy Humbucking 4-Conductor

A true humbucking for people who will not compromise on the "single coil" mode of a standard humbucking type pickup. Fits a conventional humbucking cavity but when split to one coil gives you the sound of a "true" single coil. Why? ... because it is! This feature when combined with a middle position single coil will give you the ultimate "quack" tone in the #2 position of your 5-way switch. Sounds fantastic in the full humbucking mode too! A greater harmonic range than a regular bucker. Imagine the natural response of the perfect single coil buckerized!

Any tallboy owners here?

(thanks for the reply CSM)

• Members

Johnny Hiland claims to be able to get full-spank Tele tone from his HB-loaded PRS sig, but PRS don't offer those particular PUs separately.

I've seen him in person, and his sig PRS and a Peavey Valveking (!) got him into country heaven. He works his tone knobs A LOT, though, so I'm guessing those HB's are voiced pretty bright.

• Members

Not sure if they're Tele twang but you can get real 'dearn close with some TV Jones pups. I've got Super'Trons in my SG and they sound pretty freakin awesome. Good gritty rumble twang. They have covers to fit regular humbucker cavities for those of us without a Gretsch, or you can go with the English mount option.

• Members

Hmm this could possibly get what I'm looking for...

Any tallboy owners here?

(thanks for the reply CSM)

I've got one in a project tele. Their claims are spot on, split this thing is a full singlecoil pickup. In humbucking mode, it's brighter than most others as well but retains all the creamy mids.

Archived