Desperately seeking bc rich ironbird

donnajw

• Members

A friend of mine had an NJ series (neck through not bolt on) BC Rich Ironbird guitar that was stolen and he hasn't been able to locate another one anywhere. He loved that guitar and wants no other kind. It has to be exactly this guitar. Can anyone help me with information on where to locate a vintage guitar such as this? They were apparently discontinued in 1999. Thanks. :cry:

• Members

NJ Ironbird from back in the day were not neck thru.. The only ones that were neck thru were the USA made ones.

MMMMM, there was a line of neck thru offerings I believe in around 95-97 at some point. I know the warlock and ironbird were offered in this, though I never saw the thru neck ironbird in the flesh, however given the year it must have been the newer slightly thinner shape of Ironbird. The warlock was pretty decent though.

OP: Hang around a bit dude. BC Rich have a whole decent line coming out.

204958.jpg

204954.jpg

(images c/o www.thomann.de)

They won't have the ironbird shape there, but original floyds, emg, neckthru, mahogany... i'm quite excited about these, apparently coming up in November 08

There is also this white ironbird, but I've not found a price for it at all in the UK at least, you might have better luck in the states.

As for getting the old style Neckthru NJ....... Well, if you do more power to you, but I think you'll be looking for a while... good luck anyways dude!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.tv/misc/namm_2008_bc_rich.html

• Members

Interesting, but were those NJs? I thought the NJ line kind of died as the "metal" guitar faded in popularity..

Yep, they were branded NJ series.

BC Rich did rebrand a lot of their lines and tbh made them quite confusing for a while.

It used to be bronze, platinum and then NJ.

Then they brought out the platinum pros which were right between the regular platinum and NJ. Then they had the NJ Neckthru, the deluxe, now they got god knows what! LOL Look at their site!

Archived