pickup suggestion for strat

cakewalkr7

• Members

Hi everyone. It's been quite a while since I've been around here and I haven't kept up much with guitar stuff for a couple of years. I have an american deluxe strat with the s1 switching system and I'd like to get more of a traditional humbucker sound from the bridge pickup. Because it has the switching system I don't know what my options are, especially ones that will give me a good humbucker sound. Does anyone know of any humbucker replacement pickups that will work with this system and sound good?

I have a JSX head with an old fender 4x12. Through any of my ibanez guitars that have pickups like the DiMarzio Fred or the Evolution it sounds great. But with the standard s1 bridge pickup the strat does not sound good going through that amp. I'd like to get it sounding more like one of my ibanez guitars. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Members

I have a MIM Strat Player's Deluxe and I put a Seymour Duncan JB jr. in it.

Sounds great as a Humbucker, less so as a coil-tapped single, but it's a good solution for the whole fitting-a-humbucker-into-a-single-coil problem.

• Members

I guess my main concern is whether all of these single sized pickups will work with the s1 system and if not, will it cause a problem with the other pickups in that system?

They will work fine - basically the same as an HSS Strat, the pickup just has to be wired the same way. The only thing is, like the HSS Strat you will not have an option to tap the Humbucker. (See the Attached PDF for switching options)

Archived