X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Paypal

At least the end of paypal for me.

I was buying an item for a forumite via paypal. He accidently have me an incorrect email address for his account and I sent money there. He then contacted me with his correct address and an apology.

I cancelled the bad transaction and paid the correct account. When I looked at my checking account today, I found that both transactions were drawn from my bank. I did these transactions on May 8th and here it is May 12 and they are still tapping my bank account for a transaction that I cancelled four days ago.

I know I'll get my money back within a week, but with all the other bad paypal stories, I'm cancelling my account. Now I learn that paypal is bad for the seller and bad for the buyer. No amount of convenience is worth dealing with Paypal.
    New name, same great service...

Good trades with dcindc, PJMPirate, Ra_, Chris Gansz, MattSkibaIsGOD, blueshawk1, tincob, hare.29, sheepeH, leopardstar, taylor210eman, iplayanesp, Doctor Morbius, Vince, _pete_, Extant, jlw001, ylwledbetter68, RedsFan75, Meowy, Dmerge, jthomas, housered, cavpilot, SnoMan97, ejendres, narwhal, mikew, GuitarNoobie, Tweedledee, Brian Krashpad, d_dave_c, kojdogg

Originally Posted by Dom1412

I am awareness.

I don't like PayPal, but I use it and chances are that I will keep on using it.
    Currently trying to get back a few hundred dollars from an eBay imbecile.

Comment

i hate that crap. like if i return something to a store where i paid for it with my credit card, it takes a week or more for the $$ to show up, however it only takes about 0.01 of a second to take it out to start with!

they say "oh it takes time to process it" BS!!!! if they do that to one million people, thats a nice chunk of change sitting around in some bank account collecting interest.
      5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
      "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

To be honest with you, I think you're being completely unreasonable. Transaction reversal takes longer than 4 BUSINESS days, and today is Monday. So, a total of maybe, what, 2 biz days have transpired?
        WTB: Hamer Phantom GT!! PM Me.....

Buy Jackson Guitars!!!

Comment

I gave up on PP two years ago, for these same reasons. They are pretending they are a bank, but only when it is convenient for their business model.

Comment

I refuse to use PayPal... they bungled one too many transactions for me. Long delays in getting partial (I repeat partial) refunds from eBay scammers are part of it too.

I hear that eBay is going to eliminate all other types of payments in the near future, and will only accept PayPal transactions. eBay owns PayPal, so it'd going to be interesting to see if they lose business when they make this change. I know they'll permanently lose me as a buyer. oke:
            My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

Transaction reversal takes longer than 4 BUSINESS days

why would it take longer than a regular transaction?

Comment

I just does.. You'd think in today's age of instant money transfers, it would be as simple as click, click, done.. Alas, as with anything where a bank is involved, there are forms to complete, people to approve it and blah blah blah.. Going one way is easy, but the other way takes a bit of effort. I too think the OP is being WAY unreasonable.. Blame the buyer for starting you out with bad info, not the bank. How does Paypal know you aren't scamming someone? How do they know you didn't pay for an item, get it shipped and are trying to pull their funds by claiming you made a booboo? Happens all the time I'm sure. They're just covering their ass.
                Signature...

Comment

I like PayPal, personally.

They've always been very reliable, and whenever some **************************** files an unreasonable claim against me (eBay, etc.), they always side with me.

I gotta give 'em props until they give me a reason not to do so.
                  I ****************ing hate Sammy Hagar

Great deals with: ungarn, Puddlegum, Buildsem, twisty571, Kai07, Master Bait Her, LoveBuzz87, Lightitup, floydmoline

Comment

i hate that crap. like if i return something to a store where i paid for it with my credit card, it takes a week or more for the $$ to show up, however it only takes about 0.01 of a second to take it out to start with!

they say "oh it takes time to process it" BS!!!! if they do that to one million people, thats a nice chunk of change sitting around in some bank account collecting interest.

Bingo!
                    Member in good standing of the MAZI BEE MILITIA

Comment

just use your credit card with paypal. if you ever get jipped, your credit card company will back your ass up and come through almost guaranteed. dont rely on paypal alone to recover funds.

a lot of bad experiences people have, could have been avoided if they take extra precautions, like making sure the other party is paypal verified, or has an account that is at least a year old. making sure eCheck payments clear before sending the item, ect...

as long as its still the most commonly used method of online payment for personal trading, i'll be using it. google checkout could have dethroned paypal, but they made the stupid mistake of requiring a special sellers account to accept payments.

Comment

At least the end of paypal for me.

I was buying an item for a forumite via paypal. He accidently have me an incorrect email address for his account and I sent money there. He then contacted me with his correct address and an apology.

I cancelled the bad transaction and paid the correct account. When I looked at my checking account today, I found that both transactions were drawn from my bank. I did these transactions on May 8th and here it is May 12 and they are still tapping my bank account for a transaction that I cancelled four days ago.

I know I'll get my money back within a week, but with all the other bad paypal stories, I'm cancelling my account. Now I learn that paypal is bad for the seller and bad for the buyer. No amount of convenience is worth dealing with Paypal.

I agree, but your account may not actually be closed unless you close
                        the linked bank account or CC. I'd closed an account over the phone and
                        six months later someone accidentally sent money to it. Imagine MY surprise.
                        Account was "inactive". They claim it was closed, but IDK.

FU PP!
                        "Life ain't what you make it,
                        sometimes life makes you
                        sometimes easier to fake it
                        in everything you do.
                        I'm a low-performance man
                        in a high-performance world"
                        -"Mediocre Man"

"Whatever happened to
                        Honest smiles, Friendly skies
                        Good times, happy highs
                        Starry nights, easy lives
                        Open eyes and open minds"

-"Friendly Skies"

Comment

Because it's a refund. Refunds ALWAYS take longer. (banks, credit cards, etc.)

Frankly, unless I can pay cash in hand for something on ebay, I will NOT bid on an item where the seller won't take PayPal. To me that tells me something is sketchy and I have no money back guarantee if something happens. Yeah, I know people have problems, but it's the best safety net you can find, IMO.
                          WTB: Hamer Phantom GT!! PM Me.....

Buy Jackson Guitars!!!

Comment

I like PayPal, personally.

They've always been very reliable, and whenever some **************************** files an unreasonable claim against me (eBay, etc.), they always side with me.

I gotta give 'em props until they give me a reason not to do so.

oh this looks like it might be fun

5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
                            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
                            "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

To blindly accept the fact that refunds always take longer and to say the reason for this is "It just does" is exactly why refunds really do take longer.

I've worked for a multinational bank for four years and I can tell you with absolute honesty that to do a refund you really do just go 'click click' and bang, it's done. We don't like to do that though, because nobody has made a fuss about it yet....
                              Solid gold Les Paul
                              JCM 12000 Plexi Boogie
                              Strat built by Jimi Hendrix in 1986
                              Other terribly impressive equipment

Comment

Working...
                              X