I have this spare strat body

Dewysoss

• Members

I have a Mighty Mite neck in great shape I'd sell for a song. No fret wear, it has mounting holes but is otherwise new.

If Dewysoss isn't interested in the neck I might be. Can you give any other details? Does it have tuners? Got any pics?

Thanks

• Members

Also: the neck that came with the guitar is 24 frets. Will it be an issue if I get a 22 fret neck?

Yes, probably. You need to check the scale length of the NECK that you put on and make sure the distance from the nut to the bridge will be correct. Most likely, if you swap out a 24 for a 22, this length will be wrong. You would need to move the bridge back, which is not easy on a strat body.

The body was a strat body but it had a 24 fret neck on it? Are you sure about that?

• Members

Also: the neck that came with the guitar is 24 frets. Will it be an issue if I get a 22 fret neck?

Rule of thumb:

Nut to 12th fret = 12th fret to bridge.

They make specialty necks to compensate for mixing up bodies and necks so they'll intonate properly, but I suggest just getting it right from the start.

• Members

The body was a strat body but it had a 24 fret neck on it? Are you sure about that?

Its a Washburn X-10.

I just checked, its definitely 25.5 scale. If I got a Warmoth, wouldn't it be fine but with 2 less frets?

• Members

For anyone interested in this neck...

Mighty Mite maple with maple board. 9.5" radius, 22 frets. It's been on a guitar so there's mounting holes and tuner holes. Otherwise in great shape.

Do you have any pics of it? How much $$ for it?

Archived