Phil Keaggy Appreciation thread

FUBTAG

• Members

He's been around forever... given his life to His Lord ...

and plays as tasty as anyone on this here planet!

And for something completely different -- THIS is how to use a 'looper'!!!

:thu:

• Members

I saw him with a full band 3 weeks ago. It was awesome! I had never listened to him but I had read about him in guitar magazines. A friend called and said "Phil Keaggy is playing live in 20 minutes, wanna go?" I'm really glad I answered the phone. My buddy has seen him several times but this was the first with a full band. The first half of the show was entirely instrumental with him playing a Les Paul mostly. The second half was more acoustic guitar with vocals, done on his Olsens. WOW! What a great tone those guitars have.

Phily Keaggy is the best guitarist nobody has ever heard of, I was glad to see this thread. He hasn't recieved the recognition he deserves

Harry.

• Members

I have yet to have the pleasure of seeing him perform live but within the past year, I have bought almost all of his cd's and the dvd's Philly Live and his Electric Guitar methods... hasn't helped me play any more like him.. but it sure is amazing to watch and listen to...

His tour brings him within 2 1/2 hours of where I live..... :mad: if I could just fit in a trip to see him...

• Members

I saw him play a solo acoustic show about 15 years ago. The man def. can play.

Same here. I was bummed when I found out it was an acoustic show but he started playing and that was the end of being bummed. I'd still like to see him do a set with a band, though.

His instructional tape is pretty cool. He makes a joke about his missing finger making it difficult to go bowling.:)

• Members

I've been a fan of his since the 70's. I saw him live about 10 years ago... just him solo on acoustic. He did a lot of the looping stuff. I visited with him for awhile after the show, and he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

• Members

I saw him with a full band 3 weeks ago. It was awesome! I had never listened to him but I had read about him in guitar magazines. A friend called and said "Phil Keaggy is playing live in 20 minutes, wanna go?" I'm really glad I answered the phone. My buddy has seen him several times but this was the first with a full band. The first half of the show was entirely instrumental with him playing a Les Paul mostly. The second half was more acoustic guitar with vocals, done on his Olsens. WOW! What a great tone those guitars have.

Phily Keaggy is the best guitarist nobody has ever heard of, I was glad to see this thread. He hasn't recieved the recognition he deserves

Harry.

I have only become aware of him recently through youtube.

He is an awesome player. Finnesse, chops and style.

Your avatar has got to be the creapiest thing ever posted on the internet.

• Members

I have only become aware of him recently through youtube.

He is an awesome player. Finnesse, chops and style.

Your avatar has got to be the creapiest thing ever posted on the internet.

Yesterday 11:46 AM

Your the second person to say that! I've seen some strange avatars here and thought mine was rather ordinary. I'll think of something different and change it. Perhaps Ann Coulter sticking her tongue out at you would be cool.(grin) Just kidding!

Harry Cox

• Members

He's around here somewhere soon.

I gotta go. It's the Master and the Musician tour. He's gonna do it all live.

Who's in?
:)

I would love to....8/2/08 in Cumberland, Md or 10/18 in Frederick, MD. and since I am out already spoken for in August.. how about Oct?

oh wait -- those are solo acoustic....

Master and the Musician tour is in Shirleysburg PA in June - that's it.

• Members

FARB!

I missed the 5-17 date.

Stupid job!

06.27.08 Shirleysburg, PA Creation East

Is all we have for the M&tM tour. It's like a Woodstock of Christian Music. I would rather see him in a venue than outside. But I may be up for it. That's about a 3 hour drive for me. Ya serious?

• Members

FARB!

I missed the 5-17 date.

Stupid job!

06.27.08 Shirleysburg, PA Creation East

Is all we have for the M&tM tour. It's like a Woodstock of Christian Music. I would rather see him in a venue than outside. But I may be up for it. That's about a 3 hour drive for me. Ya serious?

It's a 5 hour trip for me... THAT might sting a little....

Archived