X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Keaggy Appreciation thread

He's been around forever... given his life to His Lord ...

and plays as tasty as anyone on this here planet!

http://www.youtube.com/v/_AlOUk7vZew&hl=en

And for something completely different -- THIS is how to use a 'looper'!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/nV3bLZLpqTQ&hl=en

“Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

I saw him play a solo acoustic show about 15 years ago. The man def. can play.
    Gear:
    Xaviere xv500
    Blackheart 5W combo
    Crate fxt30
    marshall jH-1

Proud self-taught hack!

Comment

I saw him with a full band 3 weeks ago. It was awesome! I had never listened to him but I had read about him in guitar magazines. A friend called and said "Phil Keaggy is playing live in 20 minutes, wanna go?" I'm really glad I answered the phone. My buddy has seen him several times but this was the first with a full band. The first half of the show was entirely instrumental with him playing a Les Paul mostly. The second half was more acoustic guitar with vocals, done on his Olsens. WOW! What a great tone those guitars have.
      Phily Keaggy is the best guitarist nobody has ever heard of, I was glad to see this thread. He hasn't recieved the recognition he deserves

Harry.

Comment

I saw him a few years ago and am still mezmorised by his phrasing and chops. The man just pwns that acoustic guitar.
        garretschmittling.com - Instrumentalist
        garretsguitarlessons.com - Lessons

Comment

Glass Harp

Giving your life to Jesus over an accident and a bad acid trip
          **************** Harmony Central

Comment

I'd love to see one of his shows, but for now, I just appreciate hearing his playing. While everything I hear him play sounds great, this bit with the ebow was really cool;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwq0i6jP7dQ
            Not music, but as a pet lover, I really like what this Old Country Vet has to say;
            http://www.oldcountryvet.com/

Comment

He's up there with Page, Clapton, Hendrix, anyone really. Brilliant player, a shame he's so overlooked.

Comment

He is a monster player and he's got mad looping skills!!!
                GEAR
                Guitars: Gretsch G6136T White Falcon, Gretsch G5125, single pickup frankenstrat w/ Floyd Rose, Japanese Strat from '86 with Schaller locking trem and GFS Neovins, upright bass
                Amps: Epiphone Valve Junior Head w/ Blackheart 1x12 cab, Fender Champ 25 SE
                Effects: Tech 21 SansAmp GT2, Tech 21 Liverpool, Tech 21 Boost DLA, EHX Metal Muff, T-Rex Møller, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, Pod XT with all model packs, Vox Tonelab LE

Comment

Amazing stuff with the e-bow. Nice SA2200 (or is it an SA2000?).

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Ilove the Sunday's Child album with the retro 60's sounds.
                    SE Systems, pro-audio dealer serving North Carolina

Comment

I have yet to have the pleasure of seeing him perform live but within the past year, I have bought almost all of his cd's and the dvd's Philly Live and his Electric Guitar methods... hasn't helped me play any more like him.. but it sure is amazing to watch and listen to...

His tour brings him within 2 1/2 hours of where I live..... if I could just fit in a trip to see him...
                      “Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

Comment

I saw him play a solo acoustic show about 15 years ago. The man def. can play.

Same here. I was bummed when I found out it was an acoustic show but he started playing and that was the end of being bummed. I'd still like to see him do a set with a band, though.
                        His instructional tape is pretty cool. He makes a joke about his missing finger making it difficult to go bowling.

Comment

he was Eric Johnson before there was an Eric Johnson.
                          "Rock n Roll is a feeling!" - Edward Van Halen

Comment

I've been a fan of his since the 70's. I saw him live about 10 years ago... just him solo on acoustic. He did a lot of the looping stuff. I visited with him for awhile after the show, and he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
                            Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

I saw him with a full band 3 weeks ago. It was awesome! I had never listened to him but I had read about him in guitar magazines. A friend called and said "Phil Keaggy is playing live in 20 minutes, wanna go?" I'm really glad I answered the phone. My buddy has seen him several times but this was the first with a full band. The first half of the show was entirely instrumental with him playing a Les Paul mostly. The second half was more acoustic guitar with vocals, done on his Olsens. WOW! What a great tone those guitars have.
                              Phily Keaggy is the best guitarist nobody has ever heard of, I was glad to see this thread. He hasn't recieved the recognition he deserves

Harry.

I have only become aware of him recently through youtube.

He is an awesome player. Finnesse, chops and style.

Your avatar has got to be the creapiest thing ever posted on the internet.

"You people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

Working...
                              X