OLP Guitars

HeatherAnnePeel

• Members

HPIM0960.jpg

I have to say that I am still really enjoying my OLP MM1 (Music Man Axis copies) that I picked up back in March. They are great playing and sounding little guitars, indeed. I find myself playing them a lot, which can only be a good thing! I am aware that OLP is no longer working with Ernie Ball/Music Man and that these guitars are now discontinued. I am interested in playing an MM4 (Silhouette copy) and OLP's Luke and Petrucci models, as well. They may not be "as good as", but I really enjoy these OLP guitars.

• Members

My OLP MM1 has a maple top and a licensed floyd. I got it new for $280 four or five years ago.

olp_mm1.jpgolp_mm4-4.jpg

I picked up a MM4 soon after getting my MM1. I think I got this one for $110 shipped. Not a bad playing guitar at all. I put a GFS PAF in the bridge and a GFS lil killer in the neck. I used it to record the intro and rhythm guitar in this song...

http://www.acousticfuel.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=250

You may have to click on my song... Believe, to hear a snippet.

• Members

The thing is, now that they are discontinued, the price is going up. You can easily find them on eBay new, but usually not at $199. It was one of those things that was too good to last. I bought mine from MF and they were soon discontinued there. I always loved the EVH/Axis design, so it was nice to be able to get guitars with a similar vibe for a relatively small amount in comparison. The MM1s are fun guitars and really well made, or at least mine were.

• Members

I love mine as well. I bought it used for 90 dollars in December and liked it so much I installed a tone knob and got a bone nut for it. In fact, just played a show with mine tonight. That with my cube 30x (smaller show) I get tone for days. A lot of people complimented my tone and were surprised to see it come out of such a simple set up. My MM1 is bright orange and pre-flame top, which can be a good or bad thing depending on taste. I like mine so much I don't think I can objectively judge it's looks.

• Members

I bought an OLP 12-string last year, for $164 including tax at a GC in Denver. I'd never ever thought I'd own an electric 12 string (just couldn't justify the thousands for a Rickie) but for the price I just couldn't pass it up. I have no regrets whatsoever, it's a great guitar. In need of a setup right at this minute, but man, it sounds great, and plays pretty well. And I've found it's a really nice texture to have a 12string available. The Beatles, Byrds and Tom Petty were right after all... I probably should have seen that before :freak:

But OLP made some nice instruments, at very friendly prices.

Steve

• Members

Got this one a little over a month ago from MF(OLP Petrucci model). Decided to take a chance and try one out. Its not perfect, but for $250 with case and goodies what do you expect. It has a few issues here and there, just minor things that can be easily tweaked.

Decided to swap out pickups with the ones Petrucci uses, still waiting on those to get in.

Gearv003.jpg

• Members

I've had mine for a while and still love it. I am going to end up with an Axis one of these days, but in the meantime it does a very good job holding me over. I thought that the pickups would be the first thing to go, but I wouldn't even think that I could find a better sounding pickup to swap them with; atleast not without about 20 trials and errors. And the maple top is pretty decent.

Needed some fretwork, but I got it for about $280 on e-Bay when they were frickin out of stock everywhere on the planet. After a good setup its a definite player.

06150023.jpg

Archived