No announcement yet.

OLP Guitars

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLP Guitars

I have to say that I am still really enjoying my OLP MM1 (Music Man Axis copies) that I picked up back in March. They are great playing and sounding little guitars, indeed. I find myself playing them a lot, which can only be a good thing! I am aware that OLP is no longer working with Ernie Ball/Music Man and that these guitars are now discontinued. I am interested in playing an MM4 (Silhouette copy) and OLP's Luke and Petrucci models, as well. They may not be "as good as", but I really enjoy these OLP guitars.
    Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Nice guitars
    Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded-Yogi Berra

Comment

very nice, but are those photo-flames, or real quilt? please don't take any offense.
      5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
      "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

They're photos, the tops. They still look good, I think. No offense taken. At $199 apiece, the MM1s are a great bargain.
        Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Probably too much to expect a real quilt on a $199 guitar but if they sound
          great and you like to play them, they sound like a great deal to me.

Comment

Yeah, they play and sound great. As to the pseudo-quilt, it looks good. It's not gonna fool anybody, but who cares?

Comment

My OLP MM1 has a maple top and a licensed floyd. I got it new for $280 four or five years ago.

I picked up a MM4 soon after getting my MM1. I think I got this one for $110 shipped. Not a bad playing guitar at all. I put a GFS PAF in the bridge and a GFS lil killer in the neck. I used it to record the intro and rhythm guitar in this song...
              http://www.acousticfuel.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=250
              You may have to click on my song... Believe, to hear a snippet.
              Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

I was trying to look at those, but all they have is the Petrucci model now on MF...
                My Original Music:
                Goetic Circle
                Ashes of the Magician
                UNDEAD PRIEST
                In the Name of Majestic Hellfire

Comment

They're photos, the tops. They still look good, I think. No offense taken. At $199 apiece, the MM1s are a great bargain.

yeah I agree, they do look sweet, and at that price, it's just plain killer looking
                  "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

Comment

The thing is, now that they are discontinued, the price is going up. You can easily find them on eBay new, but usually not at $199. It was one of those things that was too good to last. I bought mine from MF and they were soon discontinued there. I always loved the EVH/Axis design, so it was nice to be able to get guitars with a similar vibe for a relatively small amount in comparison. The MM1s are fun guitars and really well made, or at least mine were.

Comment

^^^ still nothing wrong with photo's, it still looks very nice, even at a higher price
                      "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

Comment

What is a photo-flame top? is it just like a really thin venneer?

Comment

Yeah, they did a good job. The tops look really good. The guitars themselves sound like very muscular Strats. The zebra humbuckers sound great.

Comment

Photo finishes are exactly that, pictures of wood grain applied on top of the body, which in this case is basswood.

Comment

Yeah, they did a good job. The tops look really good. The guitars themselves sound like very muscular Strats. The zebra humbuckers sound great.

hmmmm got a clip?
                              "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

Comment

Working...
                              X