Esp eclipse opinions please.

wolfspider

• Members

I need a new guitar that can bring that LP sound but i have not a lot of $$$ right now, a friend of mine said that the Esp Eclipse can do the job even better than a Gibson Lp.

What's your opinion on the esp eclipse??

Also i want to order one from sam ash, do you know if i have to confirm my address to pay using Paypal??

Thanks in advance.:thu:

• Members

In terms of build quality, an eclipse is top-notch. It plays great with its slim neck and the thinner body makes getting up to the higher frets pretty easily. The finishes are excellent and the maple tops are gorgeous. But as most will say, they don't sound like an LP. The thinner body does take a bite out of the chunky sound. ESP does make a full-thickness version but it's Japanese market only and it would cost a whole lot of import (assuming dealers would even do so). Personally, as much as I love the look and feel of my eclipse, I'm not bonding with it. I keep looking up a 'proper' LP to replace it. I would love to give those full thickness ones a try if I ever stumble onto a sizable windfall profit.

• Members

Still, they don't really sound exactly like an LP. From what I hear, they are a bit closer to a SG tonally. I like the ones I've played, and if you like the sound I say go for it.

Well i want that warm dark sound of the LP but if this can't do it i guess i'll have to pass.:cry:

• Members

I keep looking up a 'proper' LP to replace it. I would love to give those full thickness ones a try if I ever stumble onto a sizable windfall profit.

yes that's exactly what i want a Lp tone without the heavy hang tag price.

• Members

As soon as I bought my ESP Eclispe Standard I sold my last Les Paul (Standard in Honeyburst). As much as I love the Les Paul, the ESP just killed it. Plays better, is made better, and looks fantastic. Although it doesnt sound anything like a Les Paul, it does its own thing, which is pretty amazing. Id say the sound is more aggressive, less rounded than the Les Paul which was king of hollow sounding. The Eclipse is has better high gain attitude which was exactly what I was looking for. I use mine for both classic rock and metal.

Dont get the ESP as a Les Paul substitute though, they are different. I like the Eclipse better.

• Members

You need to check out the ESP LTD EC-400's with the Seymour Duncans. I'm a huge LP fan and have had several through the years. I stumbled on to this 400AT Goldtop in my local shop and the owner, who knows me well, said, "You've got to play this thing!"

I got the guitar. $400 out the door! I'm a huge fan of Seymour Duncans, and I love the neck profile and jumbo frets. The 400 is actually thicker than the 1000 or the Eclipse, so it may have a thicker tone overall.

I liked it so much I ordered a new EC-400VF in Tobacco Burst! I'm sold on these LTD's. Great build quality, killer tone, no upgrades needed like the Epi LP's I've had. It comes gig ready. At least check em' out. Here's a pic of my Goldtop.

IMG_0699.jpg

• Members

You need to check out the ESP LTD EC-400's with the Seymour Duncans. I'm a huge LP fan and have had several through the years. I stumbled on to this 400AT Goldtop in my local shop and the owner, who knows me well, said, "You've got to play this thing!"

I got the guitar. $400 out the door! I'm a huge fan of Seymour Duncans, and I love the neck profile and jumbo frets. The 400 is actually thicker than the 1000 or the Eclipse, so it may have a thicker tone overall.

I liked it so much I ordered a new EC-400VF in Tobacco Burst! I'm sold on these LTD's. Great build quality, killer tone, no upgrades needed like the Epi LP's I've had. It comes gig ready. At least check em' out. Here's a pic of my Goldtop.

IMG_0699.jpg

Looks great! :love: can i get that creamy,smooth tone ala Slash?

• Members

Yeah i got my eye on the Edwards but no one here has one and it seems a litle bit harder to get one.

I have an Ibanez Universe right now wich is my main axe and i want to stay away from that sound, is the eclipse more like the Ibanez?

Looks great!
:love:
can i get that creamy,smooth tone ala Slash?

Mine came stock with a SD JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck... oh yeah, creamy and smooth. These pups are very articulate even at high gain levels. Here's a pic of the one I just ordered.

EC-400VF_TSB.jpg

• Members
Mine came stock with a SD JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck... oh yeah, creamy and smooth. These pups are very articulate even at high gain levels. Here's a pic of the one I just ordered.

QUOTE]

Awesome, and is way less $$ than what i thought,i'll drive to the store tomorow after work and i'll give a try to these guitars.

Thanks to all guys.:thu:

Archived