Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp eclipse opinions please.

I need a new guitar that can bring that LP sound but i have not a lot of $$$ right now, a friend of mine said that the Esp Eclipse can do the job even better than a Gibson Lp.

What's your opinion on the esp eclipse??

Also i want to order one from sam ash, do you know if i have to confirm my address to pay using Paypal??

Thanks in advance.
    Some gear I've own/owned
    Mesa Boogie Roadster head-Road king I & II Half Stack-Mark IV - Triaxis
    Bogner Uberschall
    Diezel Herbert-Vh4
    Rivera K7 - Kr100
    I'm always looking for boutique amps so if you have one and the price is right we can do bussines
    I always pay through www.escrow.com unless you have great ebay feedback as seller (100 +)

the ESP ones are sick as hell. i played an Eclipse II and it was just sweet. the LTD's are good but get at the very very least a 400 series. under that i'd say stay away.
    Originally Posted by Diesel7988

Except for the tele, but that's not a guitar to me. It's a tele. I need a guitar. Something with humbuckers.

Guitars:
    Alvarez AD90SCK
    Seagull S6 original
    '91 fender american tele w/ emg 85 and SA
    ESP LTD viper 254 bass
    1968 Silvertone 1452
    Fender MIM jazz bass

Amps:
    Peavy Valve King 100h head
    Marshall MC212 2x12 cab
    Hartke A70 Bass amp

Drums:
    TAMA superstar EFX
    RMV snare

Comment

Still, they don't really sound exactly like an LP. From what I hear, they are a bit closer to a SG tonally. I like the ones I've played, and if you like the sound I say go for it.
      Originally Posted by GordonFreeman

Seriously now, are you all so IQ challenged that in 50+ pages no one yet stepped in to get it over and move on? Wow.
      If you STILL laugh at more poncho/**************** sauce posts, you must be medically brain dead. And by that I mean very, very stupid.

Gear

Gibson SG Classic
      Fender HWY 1 Strat
      Epi G400
      Arbor AP230
      Squier Affinity Strat
      Yamaha RGX120D
      Squier CV Tele
      Jackson Dinky Pro
      '93 Hamer Special FM

Yamaha FG700S

Vox AD50VT
      '76 Bassman 100
      Peavey Classic 100
      60s Vox Student

Comment

In terms of build quality, an eclipse is top-notch. It plays great with its slim neck and the thinner body makes getting up to the higher frets pretty easily. The finishes are excellent and the maple tops are gorgeous. But as most will say, they don't sound like an LP. The thinner body does take a bite out of the chunky sound. ESP does make a full-thickness version but it's Japanese market only and it would cost a whole lot of import (assuming dealers would even do so). Personally, as much as I love the look and feel of my eclipse, I'm not bonding with it. I keep looking up a 'proper' LP to replace it. I would love to give those full thickness ones a try if I ever stumble onto a sizable windfall profit.

Comment

the ESP ones are sick as hell. i played an Eclipse II and it was just sweet. the LTD's are good but get at the very very least a 400 series. under that i'd say stay away.

I'm looking for the eclipse II, those looks sexy
          Some gear I've own/owned
          Bogner Uberschall
          Diezel Herbert-Vh4
          Rivera K7 - Kr100
          I'm always looking for boutique amps so if you have one and the price is right we can do bussines
          I always pay through www.escrow.com unless you have great ebay feedback as seller (100 +)

Comment

Still, they don't really sound exactly like an LP. From what I hear, they are a bit closer to a SG tonally. I like the ones I've played, and if you like the sound I say go for it.

Well i want that warm dark sound of the LP but if this can't do it i guess i'll have to pass.
            Some gear I've own/owned
            Bogner Uberschall
            Diezel Herbert-Vh4
            Rivera K7 - Kr100

Comment

I keep looking up a 'proper' LP to replace it. I would love to give those full thickness ones a try if I ever stumble onto a sizable windfall profit.

yes that's exactly what i want a Lp tone without the heavy hang tag price.
              Some gear I've own/owned
              Bogner Uberschall
              Diezel Herbert-Vh4
              Rivera K7 - Kr100

Comment

If its an LP you want, try Epi Elitest or an Edwards. Both are insanely nice and both are fairly near or at Gibson USA quality (from what I hear)
                Originally Posted by GordonFreeman

Seriously now, are you all so IQ challenged that in 50+ pages no one yet stepped in to get it over and move on? Wow.
                If you STILL laugh at more poncho/**************** sauce posts, you must be medically brain dead. And by that I mean very, very stupid.

Gear

Gibson SG Classic
                Fender HWY 1 Strat
                Epi G400
                Arbor AP230
                Squier Affinity Strat
                Yamaha RGX120D
                Squier CV Tele
                Jackson Dinky Pro
                '93 Hamer Special FM

Yamaha FG700S

Vox AD50VT
                '76 Bassman 100
                Peavey Classic 100
                60s Vox Student

Comment

As soon as I bought my ESP Eclispe Standard I sold my last Les Paul (Standard in Honeyburst). As much as I love the Les Paul, the ESP just killed it. Plays better, is made better, and looks fantastic. Although it doesnt sound anything like a Les Paul, it does its own thing, which is pretty amazing. Id say the sound is more aggressive, less rounded than the Les Paul which was king of hollow sounding. The Eclipse is has better high gain attitude which was exactly what I was looking for. I use mine for both classic rock and metal.

Dont get the ESP as a Les Paul substitute though, they are different. I like the Eclipse better.

Comment

You need to check out the ESP LTD EC-400's with the Seymour Duncans. I'm a huge LP fan and have had several through the years. I stumbled on to this 400AT Goldtop in my local shop and the owner, who knows me well, said, "You've got to play this thing!"

I got the guitar. $400 out the door! I'm a huge fan of Seymour Duncans, and I love the neck profile and jumbo frets. The 400 is actually thicker than the 1000 or the Eclipse, so it may have a thicker tone overall.

I liked it so much I ordered a new EC-400VF in Tobacco Burst! I'm sold on these LTD's. Great build quality, killer tone, no upgrades needed like the Epi LP's I've had. It comes gig ready. At least check em' out. Here's a pic of my Goldtop.

Fender Am Special Strat, Fender Highway One Tele, Floyd Rose DST-2.

Delta Blues, Crate VC 20, POD X3 Live

Comment

You need to check out the ESP LTD EC-400's with the Seymour Duncans. I'm a huge LP fan and have had several through the years. I stumbled on to this 400AT Goldtop in my local shop and the owner, who knows me well, said, "You've got to play this thing!"

I got the guitar. $400 out the door! I'm a huge fan of Seymour Duncans, and I love the neck profile and jumbo frets. The 400 is actually thicker than the 1000 or the Eclipse, so it may have a thicker tone overall.

I liked it so much I ordered a new EC-400VF in Tobacco Burst! I'm sold on these LTD's. Great build quality, killer tone, no upgrades needed like the Epi LP's I've had. It comes gig ready. At least check em' out. Here's a pic of my Goldtop.

Looks great! can i get that creamy,smooth tone ala Slash?
                      Some gear I've own/owned
                      Bogner Uberschall
                      Diezel Herbert-Vh4
                      Rivera K7 - Kr100

Comment

Yeah i got my eye on the Edwards but no one here has one and it seems a litle bit harder to get one.

I have an Ibanez Universe right now wich is my main axe and i want to stay away from that sound, is the eclipse more like the Ibanez?

Looks great! can i get that creamy,smooth tone ala Slash?

Mine came stock with a SD JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck... oh yeah, creamy and smooth. These pups are very articulate even at high gain levels. Here's a pic of the one I just ordered.

Comment

[QUOTE=jnapruitt;28717619]Mine came stock with a SD JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck... oh yeah, creamy and smooth. These pups are very articulate even at high gain levels. Here's a pic of the one I just ordered.
                          QUOTE]

Awesome, and is way less $$ than what i thought,i'll drive to the store tomorow after work and i'll give a try to these guitars.

Thanks to all guys.
                          Some gear I've own/owned
                          Bogner Uberschall
                          Diezel Herbert-Vh4
                          Rivera K7 - Kr100

Comment

I got the used Goldtop for $400 and it was in mint condition. The 400VF I ordered cost $575. My local shop loves me! Haha!

Comment

Working...
                            X