Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Squier '51- couple of years later...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squier '51- couple of years later...

So, the honeymoon never ended w/ this one- I still love playing my "higher end" guitars (Ame. and Japan Strats, Gibby LP, Carvin, etc.) but I gotta say, this Indonesian made cheapie is still one of my favorites. It just has for a lack of better word, MOJO. Terrific playing neck, incredibly versatile, great resonance, stays in tune like a champ, and the cheapie pups just work for me. There still some love out there for this great lil' guitar??

Good deals http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post45270390

YoutubeJams http://www.youtube.com/user/sixblade...4?feature=mhee

I still have mine, though it resides in my trunk for those just in case I need a guitar occasions.
    Member: SG Army
    In rock n roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
    But Old Reliable is a Strat.

Like the Kingdom of Heaven the Fountain
    Of Youth is within us;
    If we seek it elsewhere, old shall we
    grow in the search.

Now, get off my cloud.

Comment

Ooooooooooh yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I still love mine too.
      My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

Still have my blonde. Been considering selling since they have been going up a bit and she isn't getting played since I got my strat.
        Great guitar so I have been reluctant. Way better than a $100 guitar.

Comment

Recently retired mine from playing, & I miss it.

Comment

I dig mine.
            Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

they look so cool except for that DAMN HEADSTOCK!
              Proud Member of the Epiphone Empire!

Originally Posted by aenemated

if i wanted a daisy rock with goddamn care bears and rainbow brite on it, i'd ****************ing well have it and rock it out like a mother****************er.

Originally Posted by adlo76

maybe the customer service agent didn't speak douchebagenese

YOUR ≠ YOU'RE

Comment

I still have my black modded '51. The VB got sold back around xmas for double what I paid for it

Websites:
                Agile Guitar Forum
                Rondo Music - Agile, SX Guitars

Good Deals:
                q-4000, dangolguitartec, mike-o, JSutter, Orygun, JPark4

Comment

How do you like the GFS bridge? I'm thinking about putting one on my hartail bullet.
                  Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

How do you like the GFS bridge? I'm thinking about putting one on my hartail bullet.

much better than the stock one
                    Websites:
                    Agile Guitar Forum
                    Rondo Music - Agile, SX Guitars

Good Deals:
                    q-4000, dangolguitartec, mike-o, JSutter, Orygun, JPark4

Comment

CAN NOT AFFORD NEW GUITAR MUST RESIST GAS...........DAM!
                      *Captain in the SG Army*

Originally Posted by Minitruth

Of course. I told 'em you guys were saying they might try to stick furniture
                      up my ass. Pics are proof they did not

Guitars: Gibson SG Special, Gibson Les Paul Studio VM, Gibson Melody Maker, Fender Strat, Fender Mustang, Epiphone Dot, Washburn WI66 P90's

Amps: Fender Vibro Champ XD, Blackheart Little Giant Combo

Pedals: Boss TU2, Bad Monkey, Crybaby, Rat 2, Metal Muff, MXR Phase 90, Small Clone, Marshall Echohead, Holy Grail

Comment

Love mine. After a couple of mods, this thing sounds and plays great.

GOLD TRADER +8

Comment

I agree it has mojo. I love playing mine because it just has a unique thing going on. My one complaint is that it's a little thin sounding sometimes.
                          basement traders

Comment

I bought one with a frontman amp for $80 or $100 (can't remember) a few months ago. I really liked it, but ended up selling it just because I didn't play play it much.

They only thing I didn't like were two spots on the neck that had holes filled with wood filler. Very small and not a big deal for such an inexpensive guitar that offers so much.
                            We made all the hotspots, my money flowed like wine
                            And then that low-down southern whiskey, began to fog my mind

Comment

Sold a blonde one recently, but kept the SB. Used them at gigs & for recording.

Good dealings: Lawton, outkastin2g, jshaft37, radonballoon, grygrx, bengerm77, roodog, 7PlaGues, JimboJ

Comment

Working...
                              X