ibanez jem replica

Sir Punk

• Members

does anybody have one here. I guy offered me this guitar in a trade and I am wondering how much is it worth in case I re-sell it? and how does it sound?

He said he paid $500 and bought it from a guy in Japan, I guess through ebay.

• Members

Have one, not worth the firewood its made out of imo.

Truss rod is broken, bridge is off, sound is garbage, electronics are garbage, acoustics are garbage, frets are garbage, intonation is garbage...its just garbage...get an agile or SX...the sx seg1 stays in tune better then the jem copy and its only a single locking trem.

• Members

I had one one time. It was a sample from a manufacture in China. It cost me $200 and I broke even on selling it. It was as if they took a JEM and made perfect measurements and built it with shitty materials. It looked great, but played and sounded... well, shitty.

g1.jpgg5.jpgg8.jpg

• Members

Oh yeah, I forgot to add & make sure you read the last paragraph.

Well, for the record, the guitar I bought was sent as a sample of the manufacturing "quality" of the company I was interested in. I sold it as a "good looking guitar" that played like a really cheap guitar. Those are almost my exact words in the sell. I even suggested using it as replacement parts for a project.

• Members

If it don't SAY Ibanez, it's not a counterfeit.. Besides, I'm not a lawyer, but I think their "it's illegal to own one" thing is BS and a scare tactic. A consumer wouldn't know their item is a counterfeit probably, therefore they can't be held responsible for destroying it. Ibanez likes to think they run the world, but they don't.. Now if Gibson said it was illegal, you better watch out!

• Members

No doubt it's a scare tactic. :cop: I'm sure is much cheaper for them to post that page, true or not, than going through litigation. Either way, $500 seems too steep, even though I'm sure some counterfeits are better than others.

Archived