NGD! ANOTHER DAMN TELE!

soundcreation

• Members

Well rather than break the mold I figured I would get in on the tele band wagon...

Just got this beauty in from Japan.

Seymour Duncan DT190. Thin Nitro finish..Ash body (obviously)..plays like a dream.

Gotta send thanks to Zenbu for pointing this one out on the Ishibashi site. Took a while to finally get it mostly due to some errors on my part...but they were excellent to deal with....Their packing was overkill (in a good way) to say the least...guitar in a gig bag wrapped in bubble wrap in an over sized box stuffed absolutely tight as a ducks butt with more bubble wrap and then the out side of the box was wrapped double layer in bubble wrap. Took 10 minutes just to get to the bloody guitar!

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

Color is more like the first picture (with flash...)

Goes nicely with my SD strat! And completes my BIG Four with the SG and LP. {censored} I guess a hollow body is next....

• Members

Nice.

I didn't even know that SD allowed it's name for use on a guitar.

So I searched.

I found this....insteresting:

Actually, we don't manufacture the guitars. There's a guitar company in Japan called ESP and they license the Seymour Duncan name for a line of guitars they produce for the Japanese domestic market. Because the guitars use a trademarked Fender headstock, they can't be brought into the United States. For more information on ESP's line of Seymour Duncan guitars, you can contact them in Japan at:

ESP Guitars

1-17-18 Takada Toshima-KU

Tokyo, 171 Japan

• Members

Nice.

I didn't even know that SD allowed it's name for use on a guitar.

So I searched.

I found this....insteresting:

Actually, we don't manufacture the guitars. There's a guitar company in Japan called ESP and they license the Seymour Duncan name for a line of guitars they produce for the Japanese domestic market. Because the guitars use a trademarked Fender headstock, they can't be brought into the United States. For more information on ESP's line of Seymour Duncan guitars, you can contact them in Japan at:

ESP Guitars

1-17-18 Takada Toshima-KU

Tokyo, 171 Japan

Yeah ESP made them along side Navigator as their top of the line...Small production numbers...hand made..etc..

Thanks for that address..I may send them my serial number and try to trace the roots....I haven't taken it apart yet so I actually don't know the production date...the store said 2006 but I didn't think they made them that recently. My strat had some documentation and it was made in like 92. But this one didn't have much info.

• Members

that model used to be the DT-175, price increase made it the -190 I guess. 2006 was the year the line up changed...he dropped most of his models and made changes to the headstock...kind of a cross between a tele and strat, didn`t appeal to me very much, I thought he changed it because he was planning to sell em Stateside. 2001 is the first year that model shows up in natural, before that it came in blond only. He used to have his own catalogs with many models in a variety of colors, then in 2006 the guitars showed up on a one page flyer insert in his pick-up catalog and were gone entirely in the 2008 catalog... this year isn`t over yet so there is a chance a SD catalog will come out with his guitars but I`m not counting on it. There may have been some overlap between models in 2006, not sure. Does seem they are out of production now though.

• Members

those top end Duncans are F/USA custom shop quality for a fraction of the price...over here at least, the local Rock Inn has a bunch of F/USAs selling for $5-$6000.oo if you can believe that. Even the low end Duncan Traditional series is much better made than F/USA Standards. If you can find the high ends used for about $1000.oo you`re getting a bargain. The MIJ Van Zandts are on the same level but I seldom see those for $1000.oo used these days, last VZ strat I saw at that price I bought. You won`t find a better tele than either of those two brands anywhere.

• Members

that model used to be the DT-175, price increase made it the -190 I guess. 2006 was the year the line up changed...he dropped most of his models and made changes to the headstock...kind of a cross between a tele and strat, didn`t appeal to me very much, I thought he changed it because he was planning to sell em Stateside. 2001 is the first year that model shows up in natural, before that it came in blond only. He used to have his own catalogs with many models in a variety of colors, then in 2006 the guitars showed up on a one page flyer insert in his pick-up catalog and were gone entirely in the 2008 catalog... this year isn`t over yet so there is a chance a SD catalog will come out with his guitars but I`m not counting on it. There may have been some overlap between models in 2006, not sure. Does seem they are out of production now though.

Thanks for all the good info Zen....So you think it's older than a 2006 based on the headstock? I wish the serial numbers on them would give a little more info but on this tele and my strat they just appear to be the sequential production numbers. Like I said though...I haven't taken it apart and I'm sure there will be more info inside. Sounds like your info is more up to date than Guitars Japan....they said production stopped around 2004 for the guitars. I was pretty close to bidding on a very nice Bacchus tele which was a bit cheaper....but when you pointed this one out I got hooked.

And to others thanks for the gratuitous boob shots......animated and all!

Archived