Thieves stole my gear!

Chairborne

• Members

Some asshole decided to venture in through the window of my garage last night. :mad:

Gone missing:

Marshall "Anniversary Jubilee" amplifier

Peavey TKO 65 bass combo

Fender bass combo

Gibson Les Paul Special, black.

Univox "Professional" P-bass copy.

I already flyered the neighborhood and did the police report thing. Also visited the pawn shops and dropped off flyers there.

$250 reward for the return of the gear, another $250 for the arrest and conviction of the scumbag perpetrator.

I don't much care for goddamn thieves. Especially those that steal guitars and amps. :mad:

So, if anyone in your 'hood turns up with some nifty gear . . . :cry:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh crap! They got your Jube?!?!
:cry:

Yeah well here's the real deal on that. I lent this buddy of mine a bit of money and he game me that as collateral. So it isn't even really mine. {censored}in' great. :mad:

Gee look at the bright side, he also gave me a Les Paul Classic, but that was in my house so I still have that. Golly.

• Members

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF is wrong with people!!? {censored}ing low-lifes need to get a job, save up some money and buy their own {censored}. People who steal from others are just scum and deserve to die.

I hope you are able to recover your stuff. Good luck.

• Members

Unfortunately it usually is someone who knows you. Sad, but true. My house was burglarized about 15 years ago. They took all my guns. Funny somehow they knew just where they each were. I had them scattered around the house. I always suspected one certain person (so called friend), but couldn't prove anything.

• Members

Yes, unfortunately a lot of times it is someone you know. I've only suffered one burglary in my life--it was the scumbag boyfriend of one of my ex-wife's friends. He was in the house once for a party my ex-wife had while I was away, and he apparently decided to come back later and take my stereo. Luckily, the police caught him in the act and he ended up doing time. It makes me mad to this day when I think about it. I hope you find the guy.

• Members

I am pretty sure the perp is someone right here in the neighborhood.

Dirtballs couldn't have seen the gear casing the house unless they went in the backyard, on the back of the garage, which is fenced off and harder to access. That's where the window was. The only way anyone would reasonably know there was gear in there is if they live nearby and have heard it.

They went in the window, nicked some gear but left a whole lot more, and went out the side door. From the stuff they took, I think it was two guys in one trip on foot carrying everything two guys on foot could reasonably carry. They opened empty guitar cases and took a look, and left the opened guitar cases on the floor. A burglar with a truck or other vehicle would have just taken the cases and worried about what might be in them later.

To give the cops credit, when I went to the pawn shops with flyers, the cops had already been there and notified them. Usually cops are about worthless, but it seems they are taking this seriously and doing some legwork. Good for them. :thu:

About the only good thing I can say is that last weekend, I noticed more and more of my stuff was migrating out of the house and into the garage as I would play it, and then leave it in the garage. So, I brought several guitars and basses back into the house - and I have still have those guitars and basses.

• Members

Sounds like someone you may have had over to your house. Do you have home owners insurance?

Maybe, and yes. I don't have many people come over here though, just people in my band. It's no secret what's in here though - people can hear it for at least a block or two away.

• Members

{censored} {censored}! mother{censored}ers! They must have known about gear though and I am pretty sure had an idea that they could have scored. Hopefully you'll get some money from insurance. I would never keep my head and guitars in the garage. humidity and temperatures out of control.

check ebay, craigslist in the state/area and there's a website where you can report stolen gear.

• Members

wow that sucks man... i feel for ya...
:cry:

did the police come by and check for finger prints on the opened guitar cases ???

might find the cocksuckers that way
:thu:

Yeah, they dusted the case latches and the doorknob. They also took pics of some footprints outside that sure as hell weren't mine or the wife's. They are actually working the case. I am impressed.

Archived