Best guitar for under $500.00?

Mikeman75

• Members

Ok, yes, I'm a cheap-ass.

So, what's the best guitar I could get for under $500.00?

I want to play anywhere from hard rock to all out metal.

I'd prefer a Humbucker(N)-Humbucker(B) setup.

I NEVER USE TREMOLO, so I don't want a guitar with one on it.

I've taken a liking to ESP and Ibanez recently.

I like the ESP AX series, I was considering the AX-260.

I SHOULD ALSO MENTION: I'm NOT hell bent on an aggressive shape. Even a strat shape is fine by me, if it's got 2 humbuckers and a fast neck/low action.

I was looking at this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a little hasty about single pickup guitars. I like ones with 2 or more. *Between 2 and 3.

K. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102676350-i1166714.gc

you can probably find it in a Heritage Cherry Stain as well. If you're going Epi SG, get the 1966. Best quality, and it is custom shop.

• Members

Defenitely Epiphone SG

I would go that way without hesitation

Really?

I read reviews on it in the User Reviews Area, and people said the alnico humbuckers sounded cold and dead. They said they were horrible.

Also, I watched videos on Youtube (RedSGshredder), and I really don't like the sound of them.

• Members

Really?

I read reviews on it in the User Reviews Area, and people said the alnico humbuckers sounded cold and dead. They said they were horrible.

Also, I watched videos on Youtube (RedSGshredder), and I really don't like the sound of them.

I can record a video of me on mine if you'd want? Don't have the best microphone though. You can always replace the pups at www.guitarfetish.com if you can't stand them. I don't mind them. These are Gibson P90 Copies, apparentaly.

• Members

Really?

I recently played a Epi G400 which was by Qingdao China in 2008, it's a decent solid pretty guitar. The stock pups sound standard SG to me, not very bad, and the guitar defenitely worth an upgrade if you want to. (been gasing for it since then) Comfort to play, neck and action feels great.

It would be my first choice anyway, totally roll over other new guitars in that price range.

• Members

Not to sound rude, but I would NEVER buy that guitar. I absolutely hate the Tele shape.

Looks aren't necessarly everything.... That guitar could turn out to be one of the best guitars you've ever played if you gave it a chance.... I played one of those before and was very impressed... Great feel and tone.... I'll admit the tele body shape isn't one of my fav body shapes but it wouldn't stop me from buying the guitar if the tone was heavenly and it felt great when I played it.... Just something to think about....

Archived