Jay Turser JT55P SG w/P90's

Brain Becker

• Members

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking for another SG to play around with for lower gain settings and I can't find an SG Classic for a price that l want. How do they sound? Does anyone know what the body is made of? How does the guitar feel in your hands? Is it similar to how a Gibson SG Special feels? That was a problem I had with an Epiphone a friend let me a borrow, it "sat" different in my hands. Help me out.

• Members

Don't have that, but I come close.

100_2830.jpg

Dunno what they are made of, but they play well and hold tune.

Had to replace the pickups as the stock pups were microphonic. They sounded fine at "bedroom" levels but, loud, they screamed badly.

It feels Gibson-y, but I am not the best judge of that.

• Members

Don't have that, but I come close.

100_2830.jpg

Dunno what they are made of, but they play well and hold tune.

Had to replace the pickups as the stock pups were microphonic. They sounded fine at "bedroom" levels but, loud, they screamed badly.

It feels Gibson-y, but I am not the best judge of that.

Is it neck heavy? I want another SG that is balanced. My SG has a heavier than normal body which doesn't allow the neck to dive like some.

• Members

Mine aren't neck heavy. I gig them semi-regularly. Usually when playing people's backyards that I don't know. You know - classy gigs. ;)

Comfortable decent cheap guitars - just needed new pickups. The pink one's fretboard was pretty dry too but I have lemon oiled it a time or two. No probs.

• Members

Mine aren't neck heavy. I gig them semi-regularly. Usually when playing people's backyards that I don't know. You know -
classy
gigs.
;)

Comfortable decent cheap guitars - just needed new pickups. The pink one's fretboard was pretty dry too but I have lemon oiled it a time or two. No probs.

Cool. Thanks for the replies. :thu:

Archived