Some recordings I've been working on.

_pete_

• Members

I'm involved in a project on another forum where we are doing a Rush tribute album using only members of that forum. I'm doing guitars on about half the tracks. It's similar to my other recording project in that it's all done via internet and none of us have ever met each other.

I posted some of these earlier but they were rough mixes. These are closer to the finished product.

Here's what I have so far. I'll list what guitar was used for each.

The Weapon (Hentor Sportscaster aka white Warmoth Strat)

Show Don't Tell (PRS CE24)

The Main Monkey Business (Edwards Les Paul)

Between the Wheels (The Hentor Strat again)

I have tracks for another song finished but the mix isn't done yet. I'll post it up soon.

• Members

I'm listening to The Weapon right now. As usual you and your cohorts have nailed it.

I remember enjoying the {censored} out of Signals when it came out (junior year of HS). Your version is giving me flashbacks. :thu:

I will listen to the others...and bump if necessary. ;)

• Members

Thanks for the comments!

Main Monkey Business: That rhythm riff at 2:28 sounds a little different than the original...can't figure out why, but the solo that follows...nailed it!
:thu:

I'm pretty sure the parts are right. I think the mix has the guitar more prominent than it should be.

The other songs I'm doing on this project are The Pass (about 60% done) and maybe Working Man.

• Members

Sounds pretty good, although they're not their more well-known songs (to me). Guitar and bass sounds in places sound pretty much right on. Don't be afraid to move some of them around in the mix, especially the acoustic-ish guitars, which could be more in the center, imo.

Archived