Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recordings I've been working on.

I'm involved in a project on another forum where we are doing a Rush tribute album using only members of that forum. I'm doing guitars on about half the tracks. It's similar to my other recording project in that it's all done via internet and none of us have ever met each other.

I posted some of these earlier but they were rough mixes. These are closer to the finished product.
    Here's what I have so far. I'll list what guitar was used for each.

The Weapon (Hentor Sportscaster aka white Warmoth Strat)

Show Don't Tell (PRS CE24)

The Main Monkey Business (Edwards Les Paul)

Between the Wheels (The Hentor Strat again)

I have tracks for another song finished but the mix isn't done yet. I'll post it up soon.
    My Guitars

PRS Singlecut
    PRS CE24 w/ piezo
    Floyd LP
    Fender Stratocaster
    Lucero classical
    Yamaha FG312 12 string

I'm listening to The Weapon right now. As usual you and your cohorts have nailed it.

I remember enjoying the **************** out of Signals when it came out (junior year of HS). Your version is giving me flashbacks.

I will listen to the others...and bump if necessary.
    Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Main Monkey Business: That rhythm riff at 2:28 sounds a little different than the original...can't figure out why, but the solo that follows...nailed it!
      Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Nice work on the Monkey Business, love that snakes and arrows stuff.

Comment

Thats cool
          Good Deals With:Crawfish, Teleboy54, Erim, Casey4s, Brooks.Kaplan, Matrixclaw, knucklefux, outahear, Goodness, Steve F, Apep, Bigrob91

Comment

Rush? Why didn't you pick a challenging band. Great stuff. It sounds so close to the original, but different enough to appreciate your take on it. Most impressive "true to the original" covers I have heard in loooonngg time.
            Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Main Monkey Business: That rhythm riff at 2:28 sounds a little different than the original...can't figure out why, but the solo that follows...nailed it!

I'm pretty sure the parts are right. I think the mix has the guitar more prominent than it should be.

The other songs I'm doing on this project are The Pass (about 60% done) and maybe Working Man.
              My Guitars

PRS Singlecut
              PRS CE24 w/ piezo
              Floyd LP
              Fender Stratocaster
              Lucero classical
              Yamaha FG312 12 string

Comment

Sounds pretty good, although they're not their more well-known songs (to me). Guitar and bass sounds in places sound pretty much right on. Don't be afraid to move some of them around in the mix, especially the acoustic-ish guitars, which could be more in the center, imo.
                ------------------------------------------
                The quartersawn has been pulled for you....

Comment

I just put up a new link to The Weapon, The drums were not synced right on the other version.
                  My Guitars

PRS Singlecut
                  PRS CE24 w/ piezo
                  Floyd LP
                  Fender Stratocaster
                  Lucero classical
                  Yamaha FG312 12 string

Comment

Working...
                  X