Let's talk about... Kramer guitars.

Mikeman75

• Members

http://vintagekramer.com

The new Kramers are Kramers in name only. There are some USA re-issues of the original Pacer series, which I happen to own a fine specimen of from '83, coming out in late fall but in general the musicyo Kramers are just your average overseas player at a cheap price no where close to comparable to the originals. They don't even use the correct model names, geez...

• Members

I had a Striker FR-424 several years ago, and it was a decent guitar. Pups were quadrails, and they were 100% teh suck.. Body was the thin edged one, which I didn't fit me very well. Hardware was decent. Not great, not horrible. With a pup change, it would have been a cool shredder guitar.

• Members

RE: the Quad-rails. I have one in the neck position of one of my main guitars; paired up with a custom-wound Duncan Distortion. Once you drop the height enough, it's actually not a bad pickup (though it's not exactly what I'd consider 'articulate'). Also, it can get somewhat single-coil like sounds when split without any hum.

I didn't care for it in the bridge position, though.

1440636950_dbebe6a80a.jpg

P.S. a lot of the MusicYo kramers are Indonesian-made these days and can be hit or miss. I managed to snag one of the Korean-made Nightriders when they went on sale for stupid cheap and found it to be an outstanding guitar:

1401364519_4750fe4beb_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Members

This is my first post here, but I'd just like to say that I like my Kramer Striker more and more each day. Sure, it's definitely not comparable to my old USA Baretta...may God rest her soul...but it plays very nice and suits me just fine. I've had mine for about 9 months and for the $242.10 I paid for it new, I couldn't be happier. I do intend on upgrading the pickups, they're not all that horrid, its just that I like Super Distortions and PAF's the best.

KS424cm.jpg

• Members

CopyofIMG_4463.JPG

here is my JK 100? kramer (along with a couple of ibanez radius guitars) i bought this for 100 bucks from a guy locally.

its got a baretta neck on the MIJ body. its HS config. Hate the rails single coil they have and will be changing it. the bridge bucker is nice dont know if its original or not. thinking of changing it too.

any way i like the old kramers. the neck is nice and broke in and plays so easy.:thu:

• Members

the mij ones are sweet if you can find them. and cheap too.

if you can find an old one with an OFR you could part the guitar out and make back your money.

anyway a new set of pups is on the way. I am thinkin a JB for the bridge and a dimarzio chopper for the bridge or an evo2 for the bridge i dont know yet....

Archived