SX Callisto

snake eyes

• Members

SX and Agile are most likely produced in the same plant. Definitely by the same company. The design of the sx strat/tele headstock and agile tele headstock are exactly the same. A lot of other similarities. I am pretty sure they are both produced in the same factory.

• Members

SX and Agile are most likely produced in the same plant. Definitely by the same company. The design of the sx strat/tele headstock and agile tele headstock are exactly the same. A lot of other similarities. I am pretty sure they are both produced in the same factory.

The last time I looked, Agiles were made in Korea & SX in China.

• Members

Kurt has final say on all designs that he gives to the factories in question. That's about it.

• Members

looks like the SX version of the douglas shadow. maybe SX was able to do him a better deal.. or maybe he thinks sx has better brand recognition and it will sell faster.

who knows.

as far as factories. agiles are from a factory in korea. douglass is from saein in china as well as another factory aparently. sx is made in china in at least 2, possibly 3 different shops.

the reason all the rondo brands share design elements is because kurt has control. also, the round horn is one of those universal "safe from lawsuits" designs 100 complaines use.

• Members

Boy, there is some bad info here.

Agile and SX are made by different companies. The production is done by various factories.

Agile is a house brand name for Rondo Music. Agiles are made in Korea. SX are Chinese.

SX is a brand name period. SX guitars are sold all over the world. Company HQ is in Spain, made in China. SX designs are decided on by SX. Not all models are available in the US due to copyright issues (like a SEG2).

http://www.sxguitarspain.com/sx_indice.htm

• Members

There's a plant that exists in Korea and China simultaneously? Well I'll be damned...that throws my vague grasp of geography right out the window! :poke:

Archived