New bridge on the market

mikeman

• Members

sorry i read the first page on the link and it lost me ????

what exactly is the thing suposed to be doing for you.???

whats the advantage of it over others ?

im not sure i get what its about ,,,says it maintains tension , easier to press bass strings, yet notes still bend ? do they still raise in pitch when you bend them ????

edit note - if the makers were smart theyd put up a video describing what exactly the thing is supposed to be doing... they have some video but none that discribe the thing:rolleyes:

• Members
Wait, so if I understand this right, you could not do bends with this bridge?

That seem s stupid.....:poke:

yeah thats the way i read it too,,,i must be reading it wrong, thats why id like a better explanation what the thing is supposed to do :idk:

installation video
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

tunning and set up video
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

advanced techniques
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Link to page with player videos

:)

• Members
$374? Not worth trying to me. Just a tad bit expensive.

does anyone remember how much the original floyd rose bridges were selling for when they first hit the market back in the day ???

im just saying that if it works better than the floyd locking system does then the price maybe reasonable or comparable to what floyd sold for when they first hit the market.:idk:

• Members

Wait, so if I understand this right, you could not do bends with this bridge?

That seem s stupid.....:poke:

Yea because in theory a bend is playing out of tune. I also kind of wonder if those shock absorbers would mess with the vibrations getting to the guitar body and kill sustain.

• Members

Yea because in theory a bend is playing out of tune. I also kind of wonder if those shock absorbers would mess with the vibrations getting to the guitar body and kill sustain.

From the details page:

"The stringholders' movement is confined between two stops: a front stop and a back stop. Bending and vibrato are accomplished by setting the stringholder very close to the front stop. Then when bending or vibratoing the stringholder hits the front stop and can no longer move to compensate so the tension rises as normal. The strings can be hand intonated while at full tension which is really convenient. Also, due to the constant tension, the strings intonate in a straight line. The action is adjustable."

So, bending and vibrato are possible with the right setup.

• Members

guitarists here (and maybe everywhere?) are the most resistant to change of anyone/anything I have ever seen.

Everyone is an expert before they even see/try the thing... geesh:facepalm:

WHy not at least try and keep somewhat of an open mind (yes think, as as far as I can tell the only one who has actually tried it is Greg) before passing judgement?

I bet a lot of really excellent product (like the Stetsbar I bought this year, but if I had listened to the "experts" here would have never tried - or the Babicz continuosly adjyustable neck, which so many decided from the start was crap, only now for Martin Guitars to have started liscensing it) probably dont ever get a chance...

I am certainly glad I tend to keep a fairly open mind. Try it, its not hard, and sometimes you may find out about a cool thing you otherwise would have missed out on.

AJC

• Members

"Imagine if the part that held the string to the body of the guitar could move back and forth while still pulling on the string with a constant tension. This would mean that the string will essentially always play the same note."

My head hurts trying to figure that out.

• Members
guitarists here (and maybe everywhere?) are the most resistant to change of anyone/anything I have ever seen.

WHy not at least try and keep somewhat of an open mind (yes think, as as far as I can tell the only one who has actually tried it is Greg) before passing judgement?

I bet a lot of really excellent product (like the Stetsbar I bought this year, but if I had listened to the "experts" here would have never tried - or the Babicz continuosly adjyustable neck, which so many decided from the start was crap, only now for Martin Guitars to have started liscensing it) probably dont ever get a chance...

I am certainly glad I tend to keep a fairly open mind. Try it, its not hard, and sometimes you may find out about a cool thing you otherwise would have missed out on.

AJC

You speak the truth, AJC... Guitarists are EXTREMELY conservative and know everything without the experience of actually trying... :lol: I was accused of having to force the neck up on my Mantis guitar because of the way I was playing it during a show as seen on a youtube video so they must be very neck-heavy... I have a picture of me with my hands off of the guitar with the 6-in-line headstock and 25.5" scale with the headstock above my left shoulder at ear level but it still "MUST" be neck heavy... :facepalm::lol: I'm kind of used to that though as many engineers I work with are the same way.

I am going to dispell all of the crap about my guitars when I do a demo video showing all of the ergonomic features and advantages. Of course, then it will be from trick lighting or camera angle... :lol: This is what I hear when somebody knocks a product without ever trying it or with no experience with it: :blah::blah::blah: .

• Members

It seems to be a good invention and concept. I have to take away a few points for design though.

It seems overly large and ungainly. It may just be the pics though but it looks as though it sits pretty high on the guitar body.

I'm not sure how musically useful the "6 tremolo arms" would be either. I do like the pedal steel effect you can get with it though.

The price is also pretty high for an unknown and unproven product. The manufacturer even admits that there may be bugs in the design at the moment.

• Members

AJC

i hope your not calling us close minded just because we were being inquisitive ,,,, go to their home page and read their product description your self , its a rather confusing description that could have been handled better by the company to fully explain their products features and basically explain what the thing can do for you...:idk:

Archived