Am I Crazy

The Bear

• Members

Yesterday I went to the GC that's close to my daughters house.

I brought along my 8502 Tele and ES339 with the intention of trading for one of the closeout PRS.

I played all of them and a used McArty.

I like the used one best, a "92" McArty.

The Mira was second, and the rest I just couldn't jive with.

At least not enough to trade what I brought.

I was talking to a friend who works there and told him that I like my PRS SE Custom better.

I like the tone that comes out of these pickups and the playability is great.

Just very comfortable.

Stays in tune great as well.

How could I like a $500.00 guitar better than a $2000.00 one?

I son't know, but I do.

• Members

1. no company will ever send GC the absolute best examples. if you want a PRS, buy from a shop like Wilcutt Guitars, who specializes in high end equipment and won't accept a dud.

2. my 50s Classic Tele beats the pants off of every MIA Fender i've ever played.

like many other things in life, better specs give you a better chance, but it really comes down to the individual guitar.

• Members

The Mira and McCarty are also my favorite PRSi. however, i have been getting more and more fond of the CE 22 and CU 22 i've played a couple times at Guitar Center and Maple Street Guitars, respectively.

But yeah, among the others, for me the Mira and McCarty are just pumped with mojo.

• Members

It happens. I broke my #1 Epi G400 a few days before my first gig. I had to use my bandmate's Gibby SG Standard. It was a nice guitar, but I couldn't bond with it. That being said, I recently fell in love with a SG Classic at my local guitar center. If everything goes well, it will be my next gutar.

• Members

1. no company will ever send GC the absolute best examples. if you want a PRS, buy from a shop like Wilcutt Guitars, who specializes in high end equipment and won't accept a dud.

2. my 50s Classic Tele beats the pants off of every MIA Fender i've ever played.

like many other things in life, better specs give you a better chance, but it really comes down to the individual guitar.

You know, I never thought of that.

I will go try a few out at a PRS dealer near me.

This guy won't even let you touch one without telling them.

Then he'll get it off the wall and when you finished he wipes it down and puts it back.

GC ought' to try this practice a little more.

• Members

Can't stand the SEs personally. No mojo, all they do is sound and play totally consistent night after night, stay in tune, have some of the clearest pickups and are light and comfortable. Here are my three:

I'd like to try a Santana SE, but they're tough to come across.

• Members

It happens.

I was not impressed with with a custom shop Gibson Les Paul at GC the I went to sam ash played the same guitar and there was a huge difference

I love all my Gibsons.

The only one I haven't been able to bond with is the 339.

After a year I'm wondering if I ever will.

That's why I brought in to trade.

I guess I'll give it a little more time.

• Members

The Mira and McCarty are also my favorite PRSi. however, i have been getting more and more fond of the CE 22 and CU 22 i've played a couple times at Guitar Center and Maple Street Guitars, respectively.

But yeah, among the others, for me the Mira and McCarty are just pumped with mojo.

I did try a CE22 at GC in Fayettville.

When they gace it to me the selector switch was broken.

The tech took the back panel off and every one of the wires were off the board.

These wires had to 26-28 gague wire.

Just very small and fragile.

I was surprised to see such a small fregile wire being used in a $2800.00 guitar.

So was the tech by the way.

The Mira I really liked but couldn't justify the trade being that I have the SGs'.

Very similar, yet different.

Not different enough though.

Tha used McCarty was a good example too, but a little overpriced for a used "92".

Archived