Warmoth Strat Idea

xoeo

• Members

So I have a vision for a warmoth strat I want,although i am not sure what kind of wood to use.I am shooting for a dual humbucker no pickguard rosewood fretboard in olympic white. Any ideas for what wood I should use for the body+neck?:confused:

• Members

I could tell you this from years of playing Strats. With Single Coils I always liked the Alder/Rosewood. But wiyj a set of humbuckers I always liked Ash/

Maple. I just fell that good humbuckers like SDs or whatever sound absolutly CLEAR with the ASH.

And for my money I like a Transparent finish where I could se how good the Grain is. Also be aware of the weight. Keep the body around 3.5 or under.

I notice that Fender always offers their Ash body Strats ay a premium price. Always an extra $100. or so for a Ash body. If your worried about TOO CLEAN [won't happen with hunbuckers] then go with a Rosewood board.

Just my two-cents. My Warmoth Strat also has a FMY on top of the ASH. NOT to clean, I picked up this Ash Maple Fender yesterday. Best sounding Lonestar I've owmed and this is my forth since 96. The Tex-Specials and SD Pearly Gates Plue sound incredable in this Ash Lonestar.

Snapshot_20090111.jpg

I'll show you the Warmoth too while I'm on Photobucket

e8d7_1.jpg

• Members

My idea of a Warmoth custom HSS strat is...

Olympic white alder

Black gloss pickguard

HSS (white covers, zebra hum, north pole black), Some duncan PAF on steroids kinda hum, and some 60s style singles with a bit more output to match the PAF.

vg300 recessed

flame maple+brazillian (no finish, DIY gunstock), pro neck, compound 10-14, pearl dots, boatneck, graphite nut, sperzel locking, SS 6105

Standard electronics + pushpull for the hum.

All hardware chrome.

And, if the money is 'less worth' than the singles hum, a suhr backplate noise reduction system, as a cherry on the top.

• Members

I want to do a warmoth. Too many cool options I can't make up my mind.

Tell me about it! Right now, I'm contemplating . . .

- Mahogany Strat with two humbuckers and reversed headstock.

- Copy of a "Blackie" Strat

- Copy of an Andy Summers Tele

- Matching Tele and Tele bass (for the wife)

It goes on and on . . . :rolleyes:

Archived