Warmoth Strat Idea

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Strat Idea

So I have a vision for a warmoth strat I want,although i am not sure what kind of wood to use.I am shooting for a dual humbucker no pickguard rosewood fretboard in olympic white. Any ideas for what wood I should use for the body+neck?

Mahagony, if you like your tone dark.

Or alder for brighter tone.

How does alder meld with humbuckers?oke:

According to Warmoth: "(Alder) is reputed to be most balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs."

I think it would do well with humbuckers.
        Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Nothing wrong with Alder.

I've been considering a Warmoth Swamp Ash body and all maple pro neck.

alder body what about neck+fretboard??I was thinking rosewood for fretboard not sure about neck.

Nothing wrong with the ol' tried and true maple neck.

Alder body and maple neck works great.
                That was what my former Kelly had, and it had amazing tone.
                What sort of hardware will you be using, though? That's a big part in tone, as well.

I could tell you this from years of playing Strats. With Single Coils I always liked the Alder/Rosewood. But wiyj a set of humbuckers I always liked Ash/
                  Maple. I just fell that good humbuckers like SDs or whatever sound absolutly CLEAR with the ASH.

And for my money I like a Transparent finish where I could se how good the Grain is. Also be aware of the weight. Keep the body around 3.5 or under.

I notice that Fender always offers their Ash body Strats ay a premium price. Always an extra $100. or so for a Ash body. If your worried about TOO CLEAN [won't happen with hunbuckers] then go with a Rosewood board.

Just my two-cents. My Warmoth Strat also has a FMY on top of the ASH. NOT to clean, I picked up this Ash Maple Fender yesterday. Best sounding Lonestar I've owmed and this is my forth since 96. The Tex-Specials and SD Pearly Gates Plue sound incredable in this Ash Lonestar.

I'll show you the Warmoth too while I'm on Photobucket

Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

I want to do a warmoth. Too many cool options I can't make up my mind.
                    GUITARS: PRS Mcarty, Fender Strat, Heartfiled Talon 4, Kramer Pacer
                    AMPS: '67 Bassman, Rivera Knucklehead Reverb, Bray-modded Marshall 1987x

Want: snaxe fx

I just priced out a Jazzmaster build on Warmoth this weekend.... I think that's gonna be my B'day present to myself this year....
                      Member of the SG Army

I would maple cap on a mahagony body and a rosewood neck! The cap it real thin and will not change the tone much. Mine has a walnut body with a bucker in bridge.
                        75 Guild F50R / 87 Fender Strat reissue 62
                        07 Eastman 905CE / 07 D'Angelio
                        07 Heritage 150 Goldtop 09 Heritage Prospect
                        08 Heritage 155 Millie
                        07 Edwards 138
                        07 Heritage 137 korina /Lollars
                        08 Warmoth Strat Walnut/Rosewood
                        Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2
                        Goodsell 2/7 Swart Tweed Vox AD15VT

Good, but it still has that bright chirpy strat sound. Mahogany definitly darkens the tone a lot.
                          “Never attribute to malice the things which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

I am actually putting coil splist on the buckers. So I can shoot for a strat style sound but also go for something a little more humbuckerish too just can't decide what the perfect wood would be.

Well, considering all Jackson USA guitars are made of Alder (well, most of them anyway)....
                              WTB: Hamer Phantom GT!! PM Me.....

Buy Jackson Guitars!!!